Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 324 Posts

·
SEND EMAIL, NO PM!
9,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*New video added

Well, no one seemed to know how to wire these damn mirrors (or no one wanted to share :( ), so I took it upon myself to finally figure out how to wire these and hopefully save others the frustration I experienced.

25 blown fuses later, here's my DIY :)

Please note that connectors/ wires may be different for USDM non-heated mirrors (I have heated mirrors), but the wiring is the same

1) Install JDM mirrors

2) Re-wire mirror connector
- Upper left wire on USDM connector is removed, while a NEW WIRE must be added to the empty space as shown in the picture

3) JDM mirror connector

4) USDM mirror plug
- Heated mirrors already have the 2 needed wires in the plug; non-heated mirrors do not have these wires (the harness itself may be different)

5) Fishing the new wires
- 1st, you must unwind a coat hanger and carefully insert it through the rubber boot near the side of the driver's side footwell near the hood release (use your favourite colour, mine happens to be pink :rotfl: )

6) Hose between door and car

7) Inside the door

·
SEND EMAIL, NO PM!
9,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
8) Fishing the wires

9) Both wires through

10) Pull wires through dash

11) Wiring mirror
- cut the orange and black wires on the mirror plug and arrach to the two new wires fished through the door

12) Finish door

13) Wiring other door
- Same process as 1st door
- Don't forget to attach the new wires to the mirror

14) Run more wire

15) Wiring mirrors ro harness

16) Better diagram...

17) Done!

VIDEOS:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jpQmEAoX-NM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NziiyqI2CI

I hope you all can understand the wiring, i tried to make it as clear as I could, but feel free to post questions here if you have any... i'll try my best to answer them

Btw, don't use speaker wire like I did the first time I did it lol... I have since re-wired it

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
nice.

finally someone did a DIY guide for this. props to you :thumbsup:

but i got a question, did you switch out the housings with the USDM? because i believe their angled differently. like when you try to adjust the glass with the circle button, it wont position like the USDM. if that makes sense.

·
SEND EMAIL, NO PM!
9,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
nice.

finally someone did a DIY guide for this. props to you :thumbsup:

but i got a question, did you switch out the housings with the USDM? because i believe their angled differently. like when you try to adjust the glass with the circle button, it wont position like the USDM. if that makes sense.
yea, i know what u mean... the driver side adjusts properly, but the passenger side does not angle in enough... i plan on swapping mirrors with my USDM mirrors, so there'll be a convex mirror in the passenger side (right now there is regular glass) so it should be able to see a wider area

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
nice man... i need these mirrors...

·
Registered
615 Posts
JDM power-folding mirrors FTW! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
322 Posts
great post, do they ever freeze?

·
Slow in Fast out
2,884 Posts
YES! Thank you! I'm making room in the garage, and just realized how little room for error there is with these stupid narrow garage doors. +Rep man!

·
SEND EMAIL, NO PM!
9,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for the reps guys

hope this can help ppl out

btw, it may sound stupid, but i hope ppl realize that u need the JDM power-folding mirrors for this to work... u can't just re-wire USDM mirrors and they fold lol

some of the rep i got were like "i can't wait to rewire mine!" or "i'm gonna try this later"

·
Slow in Fast out
2,884 Posts
lol hahah trust me some people here would think that.

Where exactly did you purchase yours? Password JDM is a complete rip off, and other places like jdmland are out... Might have to try private.

·
SEND EMAIL, NO PM!
9,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol hahah trust me some people here would think that.

Where exactly did you purchase yours? Password JDM is a complete rip off, and other places like jdmland are out... Might have to try private.
ebay... 120US... came up to ~160 with 2 day shipping :eek:

1 - 20 of 324 Posts