Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
fakaAINOKEA
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering how is the fitment on the JDM red carpet when installed on the USDM rsx? do i modify anything or is it just plug n play? im in the process of ordering my JDM red carpet and before i do order it I need to be sure its going to fit my US spec rsx..thanks

·
I Don't Even
9,180 Posts
im on the same boat as you. also looking for an answer:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
i don't have the jdm carpet but from the member who do, most said it fits fine except only problem is that you have to cut a hole for the gas door lever since it's on the driver side and the jdm carpet have the hole in the passenger side.

·
I Don't Even
9,180 Posts
^ yeah that would make sense. if thats the only "problem" then it should be easy then.:pray:

·
Registered
68 Posts
fits pretty good but with minor mods, i cut a hole for the gas lever and some people relocate the gas lever to the other side. i had a problem when i drive because the carpet sorta gets in the way of my pedals so i just cut a part off so it doesnt get in the way

·
canonberry crew holla
22,632 Posts
you need to cut a hole for the gas release and two holes for the dead pedal. also, the carpet wont contour to the lines of our rsx, so when you're installing it, you're gonna have to take out some of the carpet backing on the driver's side so it doesnt get in the way of the pedals. i also cut a vertical line in the carpet near the gas pedal lever because it was rubbing against it and the pedal wouldnt push in smoothly.

you can also rent a steamer from home depot or something and steam the carpet too. that'll get the carpet to mold perfectly to the floor of the USDM rsx

·
Da Vinci's Predecessor
56 Posts
Sounds like a sick mod where do you get a JDM red carpet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.