Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I am evil homer!
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I finally made the decision to get a spoiler after being without one for a year. I ordered my JDM Type-R spoiler from icbmotorsports.com It was $515 plus shipping and tax. So in the end it was $585! I actually ordered a replica spoiler from spoilerdepot twice but both times the dang thing did not even come close to lining up with the factory hole guides so I returned them. I really wanted a wing to match the holes so I went JDM just to be sure.

Oh well many people have seen this before but I figured to post some pics anyways.

Attachments

·
kicker
1,852 Posts
Looks good man! I might buy the spoiler also and I will want the real deal just like you got. How is the paint quality? Was it painted by honda then sold to icb then to you??

·
I am evil homer!
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The paint quality was superb, perfect match. It came in a "Genuine Honda Part" box and also had bolts premolded underneath the spoiler. Definitely it's quality. There was one minor problem in that the front left coner of the spoiler was slightly chipped. Looks as though it was due to a less than perfect packaging job (probably Fedex's mis-handling during shipping). I just put a dab of touch-up paint on it and it is virtually undetectable. Otherwise the spoiler was perfect.

I believe ICB imported it then resold it. But it looks as though icbmotorsports may have been bought out or is changing websites :dontknow:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice!!!! Looking good, the Rims too! Are those Volk GT-N?

·
I am evil homer!
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks... the rims are 17" Konig Absolutes... Not the lightest but look nice (19lbs).

·
Registered
166 Posts
hey was there a honda logo under the jdm spoiler? HOw can u tell if it is a real jdm wing. Wow 585 plus shipping... NOt bad at all.

·
I am evil homer!
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well I ordered from spoilerdepot's website the "Factory Non-Lighted Rear Wing". It advertised that it should fit the original factory hole guides in the trunk. When looking at the spoiler closely, it actually looks like a cross between the Wings West style and Type-R wing but closer to the Type-R (almost as high as a type-R but 1 inch shorter and has more pronounce ridges on the sides... 1/2 inch). They advertise a "Custom non-lighted high wing" which is the replica of the Wings West. In anycase some people have ordered from spoilerdepot and didn't have any problems, but I had problems twice! Wish I would have just got the JDM in the first place. If you can save $250 or so I would say do it, but if you want something that is a 100% sure thing (perfect paint, perfect fit) then go JDM.

·
Banned
229 Posts
Honda stuff fits perfect while other stuff is just a guessing game... expensive but well worth it if you have the Black or Silver just like the JDM DC5 Type Rs.. After paint and stuff, it's not that expensive and please remember that the paint is PERFECT!!!

·
Premium Member
67,108 Posts
I also have the genuine Honda Type R wing and front lip coming, I just can't wait anymore; it should have been here by now, but the wing was backordered for a couple weeks.

>>KYW28:the real JDM parts come in Honda Genuine Parts boxes; they are painted to the specific JDM ITR colors: white (doesn't match ours), blue (matches), silver (matches), black (matches) and Milano red(matches the canadian version).

·
6,981 Posts
J-Mack said:
$585? Damn! If you guys are going to buy a wing I suggest http://autoearth.com/AcuraRSX.asp - I got mine from their and have no complaints. They come primered.......they ship extremely fast.
JDM - $188 + shipping
OEM - $108 + shipping
Those are the knockoffs. The original poster said he was specifically looking for the real JDM spoiler.

·
I am evil homer!
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
taken time off...

I've decided to take a break with mods to my car. I've heard and said it before, this thing is becoming a black hole for money! I guess I've gone the expensive route but not being very mechanically inclined I paid for ease of installation. Here's a small recap and I'm sure than many of you have surpassed me. But I do enjoy my car...

JDM wing : $585 + $75 shop installation
AEM V2 : $245, self installation :D
Hondata : $565
Eibach Pro-kit : $250ish + $100 installation (included alignment)
Konig Absolutes + Yokos ES100's : $1100
Goodyear Eagle F1's : (Yokos went bald at 20K, got F1's 1/3 off) $400
Billet Shift knob : $40
TOTAL : $3360 (Yikes!)

When I bought my car I was stupid and had the dealer install the OEM underbody spoiler kit. The kit plus lo-jack was another $2000. My out the door price was around $24K (base negotiated price was 20080).

Sometimes I wish that I held out and bought a G35, but that's still a +30K car. I haven't quite spent that much on my RSX but may get there in the future. Eventually I'll need a new suspension and I'm leaning toward the Mugen SS ($1000).

Oh well money isn't everything and I love to drive my car.... 26K in 1 year 2 months!

In the future I'd like to go turbo but that's opening up another gigantic black hole for money from what I've read.... ($5K....turbo kit, installation, LSD, clutch)

I need a promotion! :)

·
Banned
13,970 Posts
u'll want to do more whenever u get ur next paycheck...always happens :p

·
Registered
103 Posts
Those are the knockoffs. The original poster said he was specifically looking for the real JDM spoiler.
I know, I didnt say they were real...worked out for me....saved a few hundred...Just because something is from Japan omg doesnt make it worth $585, just my opinion

1 - 20 of 21 Posts