Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I gave nitrous express a call and asked about the jets an S2000 would need to run a hundred shot on the car. I went ahead and got the jets and installed them last night. Before I did anything I took my plugs out and cleaned them a bit to be on the safe side. The car runs like a demon, I raced a C5 Vette 6 Speed on the highway and was in front of him about half a car in front of him, so it's safe to say the car is running hard. The car hasn't pinged or any signs of detonation and the clutch is still lovely. I was thinking about going colder plugs but decided to sitck with the stock ones after some research. I got to give thanks to code for being the first one on the boards with 100, what an inspiration he is :laughing:

Here's a chart on the steps my RSX has gone through

N/A Stock
:)

I/H/E
;)

50 Shot
:mad:

75 Shot
:jigglemad

100 Shot
:firemad:

·
Enter the Shadow
1,547 Posts
Leo, its good to hear that the car is still running strong ... and those all those who said "theres no replacement for displacement" ... your right, but nitrous does cut into that ALOT! ...
Its great to hear that the "veilside" is kicking ass and taking v-8 names..

-Alex

·
Registered
426 Posts
excess said:
Yesterday I gave nitrous express a call and asked about the jets an S2000 would need to run a hundred shot on the car. I went ahead and got the jets and installed them last night. Before I did anything I took my plugs out and cleaned them a bit to be on the safe side. The car runs like a demon, I raced a C5 Vette 6 Speed on the highway and was in front of him about half a car in front of him, so it's safe to say the car is running hard. The car hasn't pinged or any signs of detonation and the clutch is still lovely
DUDE.. thats awesome... I WANT NITROUS ON MY CAR NOW !!

G

·
Damn! I shoulda raced you when you we're still on the 50-shot heh! Oh well, obviously the car is hauling ass, good work Leo!

·
Registered
513 Posts
1/4 mile times

Have you had a chance to test it at a strip ?
Let us know your best 1/4 mile time :thumbsup:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Leo, the c5 you raced was modded bro. I raced a totally stock one, 6 speed and took him by more then 3 cars with my friend in the car. The guy you raced most have cut his veins when he went home :) haha. We need to go to the track dood..

·
Registered
513 Posts
btw leo, you know all the dsm's that come to the hangouts? Well their fastest car is finally running (Joel) i ran him the other night and jesus christ that car is fast. He took me by 2 cars before i ran out of nitrous, for a sec i thought i was gonna pull him but i ran out. I gotta run him again as I only was able to spray in 2nd and 3rd. Nevertheless, hes fast. This was when i raced the camaro ss, the ss was last place :)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I figured, there was no reason I shouldnt be able to blow his doors off

Forget the DSM you and I have to run and see what is up, when can we try it out?

We'll do it rolling on second cause I am on the 19's now and these tires don't grab for shit. I might go to Tampa this weekend for the show so let me know if we can do it tonight or thursday.

Bro I really want to get new plugs but they wont get here until friday and 16 bucks a peice is steep

·
Registered
513 Posts
Lets do it thursday or friday, when are you leaving to tampa? I'd rather do it friday at the windixie since I don't like going to 8th st, too many cops there. yeah 16 bucks is a lot. Mine are still holding up, I'm going to get some brembo pads and the nitrous gauge for upfront. After that I'm going to get some new street tires since mine are worn out and then some drag radials, then after all that i will get some new plugs. You gonna take the drag radials to the show? if no let me use em for fri and sat :) gonna try some gtech runs.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just order a brand new set of NGK Plugs from the dealership, they arrive tommorrow morning. It sucks that NGK doesn't sell these aftermarket yet. Each plug was $16.15, with tax and everything it all totaled to about $68. Better safe than sorry.

If anyone is running the factory densos I would really recommend the factory NGK's. Some RSX's came with different plugs.

I ordered the
IFR7G-11K

G

·
:eek: Yup the rip a nice hole in you...
What do guys think about South Florida Performance, I heard they have a Dyno, I wana see if i get my car on a Dyno. Where do u guys think i should go?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts