Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 237 Posts

·
SiK DC5
9,689 Posts
I'm currently running a 6 rib belt and it's fine, i'll be going to a 7 rib belt soon but i think it'll be a problem since my ps pulley and the sc pulley aren't aligned. do i need to do something to the bracket? or did i do something wrong when i installed it???

·
Registered
373 Posts
I just bought one of your brackets as both my upper and lower altewrnator spacers snapped on me and am going to have to uninstall a lot of things just to replace the spacers so i decided im just going to remove them and use your bracket.

Is it possible to just leave in the A/C spacers and still run your bracket? or will there be alignment issues or clearance issues? what is your recomendation/opinion on this?

This is on an 02rsx running the JRSC with CTAT atm and the 3.2" (9psi) pulley

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
I know what you mean. Getting to the AC without the proper tools or time can be daunting.

If you remove the bolts for the front engine and driver side mounts it should be a little easier to lift the engine to get to those AC bolts with the proper tools.

I drove with the AC spacers for a while but eventually it got to remove them. You will have to play with the closest belt size without spacers and try that one.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I know what you mean. Getting to the AC without the proper tools or time can be daunting.

If you remove the bolts for the front engine and driver side mounts it should be a little easier to lift the engine to get to those AC bolts with the proper tools.

I drove with the AC spacers for a while but eventually it got to remove them. You will have to play with the closest belt size without spacers and try that one.
arghh i figured, well in hindsight I should probably remove them now while im going to be removing everything to get to the broken alternator spacers, it will save the time when i have to revert the car back to stock.

oh and also do you know if the CTAT can be run without the spacers? or does it only work with your bracket?

Thank you for your input.

·
SiK DC5
9,689 Posts
I did not see this... I have email and PM...

The PS pulley is not installed properly. Please remove and reverse it. that will fix your belt alignment.

The pulley sits much closer to the pump.

surprised it did not come off already.
ohhhhh ic. okay thanks i'll do that once i change the belt

·
PHO FTW!!!!!!!
637 Posts
What psi is this setup hitting
Crank Pulley: K20z1. no spacers with a2 CP.

**SC Pulley: 3”
Supercharger type:JRSC
Crank Pulley TYPE:Z1
Spacers not used
supercharger pulley size: 3.0"
belt brand: gator
belt size 4070810

·
0 Posts
What psi is this setup hitting?...
You'll have to tell us by providing a datalog. Boost depends on all sorts of factors and no two cars are the same.

Is there something you are trying to get at by asking this question?

·
PHO FTW!!!!!!!
637 Posts
You'll have to tell us by providing a datalog. Boost depends on all sorts of factors and no two cars are the same.

Is there something you are trying to get at by asking this question?
I have z1 CP and 3"BP that is netting me about 9psi, what will need to get to 11psi?

·
Registered
183 Posts
maybe i'm missing something here with my inexperience and all, but the pulleys for the JRSC are 7 ribs I'm sure. since that's the case, how can some users be using 6 rib belts?

would this setup work for me? 3.0" sc pulley, k20z1 crank pulley, gatorback 4070775, either JR manual tensioner or Jmercado bracket. thanks in advance.

·
Still here
209,219 Posts
maybe i'm missing something here with my inexperience and all, but the pulleys for the JRSC are 7 ribs I'm sure. since that's the case, how can some users be using 6 rib belts?

would this setup work for me? 3.0" sc pulley, k20z1 crank pulley, gatorback 4070775, either JR manual tensioner or Jmercado bracket. thanks in advance.
the belt sizes listed in this thread are all meant for the jmercado bracket.

·
Registered
183 Posts
A2 crank pulley and 3.2" sc pulley, what belt would i need?
the opening post lists 4060815 as the right size but on the merc racing site for the instructions for the jmercado bracket lists the belt as 4060805 for this combo.
anybody?

·
Meth Blow Speed = my life
7,078 Posts
A2 crank pulley and 3.2" sc pulley, what belt would i need?
the opening post lists 4060815 as the right size but on the merc racing site for the instructions for the jmercado bracket lists the belt as 4060805 for this combo.
anybody?
Is that with or without spacers? This matters...

·
Meth Blow Speed = my life
7,078 Posts
**SC Pulley: 3.2
Dayco 5060805
Goodyear Gatorback 4060815

This information is on the 1st page. I'd go with this.

·
Registered
183 Posts
**SC Pulley: 3.2
Dayco 5060805
Goodyear Gatorback 4060815

This information is on the 1st page. I'd go with this.
something dosen't seem right here. from the mercracing pdf instructions for the bracket:

"K20z1 CP with 3.0 pulley and K20a2 CP with 3.2
6 rib 4060805"

and seeing how dayco 5060805 = gy gatorback 4060805, i think the 4060815 might be a typo. i'll try out the 805 first.

·
Registered
183 Posts
so i'm about to install the jmercado bracket and belt. i presume a 6 rib belt will work because it's been discusssed here even though the pulleys are 7 ribs.

question is, since the 6 rib is narrower and one rib of the pulleys will be exposed, than do i want the placement of the belt nearer the inner or outer side of the pulley?

181 - 200 of 237 Posts