Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

201 - 220 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
so i'm about to install the jmercado bracket and belt. i presume a 6 rib belt will work because it's been discusssed here even though the pulleys are 7 ribs.

question is, since the 6 rib is narrower and one rib of the pulleys will be exposed, than do i want the placement of the belt nearer the inner or outer side of the pulley?
It does not matter. I personally preffer "nearer the inner side of the pulley"

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a 4060735 belt on my car. The tensioner is currently pointing 1/2 way on the small box after 30,000 miles. I cant remember where it was before the belt stretched.

I was thinking of getting of getting a 4080730 gatorback or a K070733 from gates. Which do you think will put me at the correct tension? 0.5" shorter or 0.25" shorter belt? This is on a stock k24a4, CT supercharger w/ 3.15" pulley.

·
Registered
35 Posts
quick question,

after installing the auto tensioner, do you put the stock p/s steering pulley back on or stick with the one that comes in the comptech s/c kit?

p/s pump has been randomly whining since install. Making sre im not over/under driving it now. Probably just need to replace it but figured I would check this out first.

thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
ha clearance? as if there is any room to spare?!

but yes, everything was ok the last time I checked. I've never replaced the pump and being past 100k miles it wouldnt be a surprise to me if its just going out. Just bad timing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
ok thank you for correcting yourself

eh its really random, drive it to work and it will be fine. drive back, it makes me fight to get through turns. The recent added issue of it spitting out fluid from the reservoir is what got me to finally get on here.

·
The GREG
5,001 Posts
ok thank you for correcting yourself

eh its really random, drive it to work and it will be fine. drive back, it makes me fight to get through turns. The recent added issue of it spitting out fluid from the reservoir is what got me to finally get on here.
:ugh: Don't remember correcting myself...Clarified my statment...

Well that would have been a good detail to add no?

·
Registered
35 Posts
ohhh is that what its called now??
ha im just messing.

yea probably, surprise! new detail...

·
Registered
35 Posts
oh gee thanks...

yea thats what i was afraid of, switching pulleys would have been free vs. $175ish
oh well

thanks for the responses

·
Registered
59 Posts
Belt slip

S/c: ct eng.

Pulley: 3"

Crank pulley: a2

No power steering due to eps
Belt slipping at higher rpms (7000+)

·