Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont konw what to do!!! i have a k20a motor and the header keeps hitting my sway bar. I want to get a new sway bar so that it will stop rattling but the only ones out there are like 25mm and wont that cause me more [email protected]#$ing understeer?? i also wanna get the spoon downpipe so i was thinking maybe i could kill 2 birds with one stone by getting the jr race header?? what do you guys think? is the JR race header worth the extra 200 or so $$ or would the spoon downpipe gimme about hte same power and i would just live with the understeer and save $200??? please help!!

-matt

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
do this....

get the spoon 2-1 downpipe, 300$. Get a new 25mm front sway bar, then get the JDM Type-R 22mm rear sway bar for super cheap and be done with it. Don't spend 600$ on the JR. You will see much better gains with the spoon downpipe and JDM 4-2 header.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm so u think i'll get more power w/ the downpipe than w/ the race header??

·
Ur Post Count Means Nada!
4,510 Posts
DC5R Lower Control Arms and the DC5R 24mm Front Sway bar or the Mugen 24.2mm Front Sway. Both only work with the DC5R Lower Control Arms. Will improve performance, reduce unsprung weight and will also clear the jdm 4-2,2-1 header.
-Jalal

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont wanna spene 500-600 dollars for the LCR tho if i could get the whiteline or toda sway bar that will fit the type-s

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
freekboy said:
hmm so u think i'll get more power w/ the downpipe than w/ the race header??
the spoon downpipe will make your exhaust manifold a "race header" because it will no longer have a cat.

and yes, I believe it will provide you with just as much power as the JR race header. Besides, the JR race header is all top end the spoon downpipe will provide you will lots of low end torque as well as top-end.

·
OG member
4,194 Posts
get the jackson race header..i got it 540 shipped. hit me up...i'll see if i can get that price again..let me kno

1 - 8 of 8 Posts