Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alrighty im planning on ordering the supercharger (street) AND getting nitrous, i was just wondering what shot you think i could get away with on stock internals. :)

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
FI effectively doubles the nitrous shot. So a 50 shot is actually a 100 shot and so on.

So start small.

·
Registered
48 Posts
mastap said:
FI effectively doubles the nitrous shot. So a 50 shot is actually a 100 shot and so on.

So start small.
the idea is right but doubling the HP is incorrect.

what was said about it cooling the intake temps is correct.

IE, On my car with the turbo and the nitrous jetted for a 75 shot I made an additional 87whp and 108wtq with nitrous :laughing: :eek:

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
PlatCruiser said:
the idea is right but doubling the HP is incorrect.

what was said about it cooling the intake temps is correct.

IE, On my car with the turbo and the nitrous jetted for a 75 shot I made an additional 87whp and 108wtq with nitrous :laughing: :eek:
I wasnt talking about doubling the hp just the shot. Shots on most NO2 systems are usually rated at the crank not the wheels.

So for you a 75 shot got you 87whp * 15% (drivetrain loss) well you get the idea.

You are right though...it doesnt double it absolutly but shot x w/ FI will be shot x*1.75

·
My butterfly bit me
1,344 Posts
Wait I know almost nothing about n2o. With that said I thought it was a bad idea to have FI and n20. I'm not really likeing the JR supers gains but if it was safe to shoot a 75 shot in with it then it's not that bad then. But it can't be a safe idea right?

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
mastap said:
I wasnt talking about doubling the hp just the shot. Shots on most NO2 systems are usually rated at the crank not the wheels.
someone should tell nx that. on the dyno, sprayin a 50...... made 52 hp and 56 tq more.

·
Premium Member
20,803 Posts
How about the Race Version of the JRSC?

They use a hondata mapped ecu that's customized for the JRSC. On hondata's site, they say that the JRSC mapping isn't compatible with n2o, but I think they are just copying and pasting text from some of their NA reflash pages, since it reads "If you have nitrous this program will probably not be suitable due to the aggressive ignition advance used."

I think they tuned the ecu to retard the ignition... it would make sense with a supercharger, which should theoretically mean that n2o on a JRSC/Hondata race tuned version should be okay.... yes?

Anyone have a setup with remapped ecus running a SC and n2o?

·
My butterfly bit me
1,344 Posts
me too?

·
EUROLOGIST
514 Posts
wow, that looks nice. Id love to keep my nitrous setup that i have now and also be able to run a supercharger. Anyone has more info on these? man that looks awesome

·
Registered
34,829 Posts
hey henry, i really need your help on this one buddy...

dont laugh at me but i was thinking bout all this for my auto...i have a few questions for ya first...

1) can my auto tranny handle a sc and n20? if so...how much of a shot can it handle? and by reading this very thread i just learned that with a sc, the shot gives off a bigger boost so how big of a shot for my auto tranny with a sc?

2) i know this is ot now but quickly, whats a good system for me ya think?

and 3) should i even bother doing all this or what?

thanks man...ill just pm you for more info...the only reason i posted was just incase any other people might of had the same questions...

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
Not mine, it's another guy from Honda-Tech. Actually that link shows pics from a shop who installed it for someone. 2 degrees of seperation in this case. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts