Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
JRSC @ 11psi dyno + vid. clip of 1/4 mile

Hello guys,

Just thought I would update you on my setup. I have the 3.4" blower pulley and now have the K24 crank pulley, all this means 11 psi . The following dyno was done on a rolling road (team dynamics) and are wheel hp figures, crank is 342bhp. I am going to have a crack at your top 10 FI 1/4 mile times on Sunday so whatch out for my time slip!

Now, who's up for a race?

· Banned
721 Posts
WOW!!!! Nice numbers man! I only can hope to get near it! I am going kpro with 6psi.. No spool tmie, and that much HP = v8 killer :D :thumbsup:

· It's My Time
1,286 Posts
Hey do you think that if I could get the belt the same size as it should be, then I could run UR crank pulley. My V8 buddies teel me that is a good way to break the pulley. Iwant to get 11psi out of the moter and it seems like I should take the pulley kit off car and sell it. Great numbers :thumbsup: , I have seen the same blower on a focus running 15psi, do you think they will ever have that for an RSX if the car is bottum-ended. Thanks for any input and do you have tracktion problems?

· Registered
672 Posts
Cant see the dyno! Need someone else to host it...

· Registered
672 Posts
Not my problem man, take a look....

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Goldorak said:
Dyno image is fine, must be you.

herts62, why does your dyno image show tomorrow's date? Aren't you in England and isn't still the 23rd there even as I write this post?

Very impressive numbers.
You are right about the date, I did not notice it. The tuner puts the date into the system so blame him.

Thanks guys for the comments, as far as traction goes, I have racelogic traction control and I need it.

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i VieTEC said:
I hate you sponsored people!!!

Congrats
Looks like you are sponsored (you sig), I am not, but my car did help in the develpment of the maps for JRSC so I did get some favourable deals
;)

· Sold My baby!! :(
1,040 Posts
herts62 said:
You are right about the date, I did not notice it. The tuner puts the date into the system so blame him.

Thanks guys for the comments, as far as traction goes, I have racelogic traction control and I need it.
I have a question for you. I also bought the K24 crank pulley, but don't have the supercharger upgrade pulley. Does this mean I am at 9 PSI? I just posted this in another thread and WDSonny said it was 7 PSI unless you do both pulleys. Also, do you have any tips for putting on or removing the crank pulley. I am going to do it this week. Also, does the belt that comes with the charger(5 PSI pulley) fit the K24 crank pulley or do I need to get a bigger belt. If so which belt do you recommend? Sorry for all the questions, I really want to get this working properly this week. I ordered the K-pro and have the 550 cc injectors, so I am going to use the 9 PSI flash until I get to a dyno.

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jsfwds2k said:
I have a question for you. I also bought the K24 crank pulley, but don't have the supercharger upgrade pulley. Does this mean I am at 9 PSI? I just posted this in another thread and WDSonny said it was 7 PSI unless you do both pulleys. Also, do you have any tips for putting on or removing the crank pulley. I am going to do it this week. Also, does the belt that comes with the charger(5 PSI pulley) fit the K24 crank pulley or do I need to get a bigger belt. If so which belt do you recommend? Sorry for all the questions, I really want to get this working properly this week. I ordered the K-pro and have the 550 cc injectors, so I am going to use the 9 PSI flash until I get to a dyno.
First of all you will need an air gun to undo the crank pully bolt, it is very tight and there is no way of stopping the engine from turning while trying to undo with a socket set. I'm not sure about belt lenghth, mine is a Gates belt 2000mm long (6 rib) so my guess would be that you would need to get a belt 1" bigger than the kit but maybe someone has tried that combo and can tell you. Finally when you get it all set up, do some datalogs and check your injectors duty cycle, at WOT and max revs you don't want to be reading higher than 85%. I had 100% readings, thats why I have 650's.

Question for Hondata.

When I last dynoed my datalog recorded 8.5psi (CTR crank pulley) but the dyno was less, can't remember the exact figure. On the latest dyno Guy recorded 11psi but my datalogs say 9.85 psi, is this the Map sensor maxing out?

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Type-S150 said:
Damn, I guess Im the only one thats dissapointed. I thought for sure 11psi would get you well over 300whp. Can't wait to see how that tractoin control works.
Depends on what you call WHP, I dynoed 284bhp @ the hubs on a dynopac last year with Doug whilst running 6.5psi. If all thw whp figures quoted on this site were real then these machines would fly, now my car is fast (and I will 1/4 mile tomorrow) but it does not fly. Think about it!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.