Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
San Diego OG RSX
2,812 Posts
Nice job man. Now you can give those muscle cars at the Q a good work out and show what a nicely modded RSX is capable of. You going to the Q?, im not going to race this time..im just going to watch. Hope to see you there.

BTW, did the reflash change your 1/8 mile E/T?

·
Old San Diego Member
4,063 Posts
Upgraded pullies.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeet Dude, Can't wait to get my upgrade pully.

·
Master of Auto Talk
1,260 Posts
congrats wdsonny, you just went from unranked to the 6th place mark, and you're the first one with a SC time slip. once again, yous da man

·
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks. I am getting alot of detonation and pinging. Cali and bad gas, plus warm weather. The tires were not good enough to hold the car. I lowered the pressure to like 15psi and they still spun out. I took almost everything out of my car and that helped alittle. That camaro owner was impressed but at the same time was a little mad because he got beat by a 4-banger. Nobody was hating, everybody was in fact cool with me that I was putting down such good times and high traps. I need some nitto's or azenis.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
wdsonny said:
Thanks. I am getting alot of detonation and pinging. Cali and bad gas, plus warm weather. The tires were not good enough to hold the car. I lowered the pressure to like 15psi and they still spun out. I took almost everything out of my car and that helped alittle. That camaro owner was impressed but at the same time was a little mad because he got beat by a 4-banger. Nobody was hating, everybody was in fact cool with me that I was putting down such good times and high traps. I need some nitto's or azenis.
Welcome to the world of the JRSC, the motor pinging machine.

I had the same problem, and I ended up melting piston #3. Good luck; I wouldn't boost any higher if I were you. No intercooling sucks.

Good times though, now where are those slips?

·
Master of Auto Talk
1,260 Posts
ok, now this may be the craziest, stupidest question ever.... but with so much torque and traction problems with our car, has anyone tried a 1/4 mile time while starting in 2nd gear? This may be retarted but was just a crazy thought i had...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
nice time

·
Oct '01 OG!
4,463 Posts
The car doesn't make that much power to be able to that. It would just bog the whole time and take a long time to get into the power.

·
Registered
740 Posts
wdsonny said:

Hey Wdsonny just wondering if you have heard anything about a intercooler from hondata or jackson yet. Just thought you may have some inside info.

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
XStremeR said:
ok, now this may be the craziest, stupidest question ever.... but with so much torque and traction problems with our car, has anyone tried a 1/4 mile time while starting in 2nd gear? This may be retarted but was just a crazy thought i had...
Somebody posted awhile ago in the boost section about a traction control system that hooks up to the ABS that he was using on his JRSC RSX. Although it didn't seem to help with the actual launch, from what he said during the 1-2 shift he got 0 wheel hop/tire spin. I think it was about $800 from a company in the UK. Do u get alot of wheel spin/wheel hop when u shift into 2nd?

·
Registered
3 Posts
what's up sonny, this is the guy with yellow MazdaSpeed Protege at track, loved the way your car sounded coming down the track, it sounds like a Mustang Cobra.

·
Registered
33 Posts
SDMSP, I bought the Greddy SP2 for my MSP, I am the one the hosted the sound clips for you way back when. What kind of times are you pulling in the Speed???
Also great job on the times with the Jackson racing RSX, one of my good friends has a Jackson on his prelude and it definetely feels quick!!

SDMSP said:
what's up sonny, this is the guy with yellow MazdaSpeed Protege at track, loved the way your car sounded coming down the track, it sounds like a Mustang Cobra.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts