Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know someone brought this up once. I just finished my drive from San Diego to my house in Mississippi. I averaged 30.4MPG while traveling. Never really got out 6th while cruising. Just pushed down on the pedal when I wanted to go a little faster than the law allows. Got on it while coming back on the freeway and such. The Greddy catch can *IS A MUST*! I couldn't believe how much GUNK is in the tube going to the can and how clean the tube going back to the SC. The Thermal R&D turbo exhaust is sweet at cruise speed. The rain down in Texas got me concerned. Well, not really. For anyone pondering gas mileage and the JRSC there it is.

·
Master of Auto Talk
1,260 Posts
wdsonny said:
The Greddy catch can *IS A MUST*! I couldn't believe how much GUNK is in the tube going to the can and how clean the tube going back to the SC.
Ummm, what? :dontknow: What is the Greddy catch can?

Yeah, some people have a hard time believing that the charger can still provide decent gas milage

·
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry. The Greddy Oil Catch Can. Goes in between the PCV and the JRSC. Catches, cools and filters the crankcase gases (has oilly type sludge in it) and sends it back to the intake fresh and cool.

**EDIT: At times I had the cruise set at 125mph and just chilling on the I-10E. For a while there I thought I had fallen into another dimension because I was the only one on the road.

·
Registered
489 Posts
that is a pretty decent gas mileage.
where you stay at in mississippi? im in louisiana and wouldn't mine checking out your supercharger if i can. thanks for all the info

·
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will be in Bay St. Louis, MS next Sunday for the Mardi Gras parade. I will be leaving there back up to my place on Tuesday. I am up near MSU (Starkvile).

·
Registered
489 Posts
thats cool. so this is your little vocation for the mardi gras parade? will it be possible for me to check out you charger before you leave? i go down that way about once a month so its not that far for me. holla back if you dont mine.

·
some guy
51,131 Posts
wdsonny, did u upgrade ur valve springs or using the stock ones?

·
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2fast give me a place we can meet up Tuesday morning and venom, no I have not upgraded anything. I am just cruising around right now. Gonna wait until I am back in Cali before I tear the engine apart.

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
1,495 Posts
What kind of plans do you have for it? Anything you want to talk about?

·
I see what you did there
12,635 Posts
what happens if you dont use a catch can?

·
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you don't use one, then you could run the risk of getting blow by gas sludge on the rotors, gumming up your intake valves, etc... You don't absolutely have to have one but it will help. Your choice.

·
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can pick up the can from just about anyplace that sells parts. Average price is about 90 dollars. No pics other than the avatar. Not since the recent changes.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
what spark plug do you recommend? any other recommendations? i read most of the threads already

basically i need ES motor mount and better exhaust right now...oh and catch can

·
Master of Auto Talk
1,260 Posts
wdsonny said:
I know someone brought this up once. I just finished my drive from San Diego to my house in Mississippi. I averaged 30.4MPG while traveling. Never really got out 6th while cruising. Just pushed down on the pedal when I wanted to go a little faster than the law allows. Got on it while coming back on the freeway and such.
I got about 22mpg with the charger. This included a lot of boosting.
A little boosting + VTEC'N, and a couple of redlines.
1/3 of the driving was city and the other 2/3 was highway. Hope that helps a little

oh, and wdsonny has:
Electronics:
Nology Hotwires, Hyperground System, Beru Silverstones (do not work with FI), NGK BCP7E-11 spark plugs (gapped 0.037)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts