Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Ayatollah
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
JRSC and Underdrive Pulleys Question

This topic has been covered in bits and pieces all over the board, but I haven't seen a specific answer to my question. This is targeted primarily at wdsonny, who I believe had AEM underdrive pulleys and now has the JRSC.

Now, obviously with underdrive pulleys installed, the belt that comes with the JRSC will not fit. My question to wdsonny is whether you just got a larger belt to fit with the JRSC pulley and the underdrive pulleys, or whether you just threw your stock pulleys back on. I suppose all I really need to do is find out how much longer the belt AEM supplies with its pulleys is than stock, call this delta. With the JRSC, I would just need to get a belt that is that much longer than the one JR supplies. So [length of new belt = length of JR belt + delta]. Anyone think of any problems with this approach?

If I go with the JRSC, I would prefer to keep the underdrive pulleys on so as to maintain the slight (if any...) improvement. It seems the belt is one of the more sensitive areas in the JRSC installs...so in the end, if it's too much of a hassle to find a belt that fits the JRSC and the underdrive pulleys, I don't mind going back to stock. Though it would piss me off to have $150 worth of useless metal lying around. I suppose I could put up a clothesline with them or something. Hook up some morons to it for entertainment...

·
6,734 Posts
No. You cannot use the Underdrive pullies. Sell them or something. The underdrive pullies will change the speed at which the SC pulley is spinning. When you underdrive you underspin everything. Put your stock pullies back on or leave the JRSC off. That is the best answer I can give you. Oil catch can would have been a better buy. I sold my pullies to Deaconf19, he gained about 7WHP with them.

·
Ayatollah
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
'Tis true. It is a longer belt so it will be moving slower with the same crank rotation. I think I'll just use them as I suggested in my original post...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts