Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JRSC: anyone else get "jumpy" boost in 2nd gear (like 35mph to 60mph or so)?

okay so i'm cruising over to my doctor today and...in 2nd gear its like the boost is going up and down.. I dont have a gauge but i can tell by the sound of the Blower and how the car is producting power. I had it at WOT and it would whine then whine quieter and i would lose a little power and then it would whine strong again over and over like 3 times during my time in 2nd gear.

3rd gear... no hesitation...
4th gear... no hesitation...

popped the hood... no belt fraying or anything... so its not that problem others have been having...

its probably time for me to re-tighten my belt but has anyone else experienced this "jumpy" boost??? I think someone posted a dyno with it happening but i cant remember for sure... I am thinking of getting a boost gauge installed just to see what is happening.

· Registered
576 Posts
It sounds like to me one of two things. Either your belt is loose, or you need to update your flash on your ecu. If you have K-pro then it is very easy. I found when I first got my SC Race version it was very jerky not smooth at all. My understanding for this was the first version was meant for WOT it didn't really like crusing. So the transition between the two was very harsh.

· Registered
37 Posts
I think I know what you mean, it's been happening to me lately on cool mornings. You touch the gas, and instead of a smooth run-up, you kinda get tugged at for a bit. It probably is a loose belt, and that's just the low-end symptom. Maybe you can help me out--try running the A/C while taking it to redline on a hot day...do you feel a loss of power and hear a whine around 7500rpm? I think that's the high-end belt-slip symptom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.