Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 113 Posts

· Registered
3,079 Posts
To those JRSC owners with K-Pro.

Have you ever tried to set the "Launch Rev Limiter" to 2500rpm ( just an example).

When you're racing at a track.

Launching at FULL THROTTLE!!!

With the car in 1st gear, clutch fully depressed, full throttle. Rev should stay at 2500rpm and you don't have to hold the rev manually right? Just let go of the clutch to launch the car? Is this an acceptable thing to do or would it harm the car?

I know that the rpm doesn't stay put and actually bounce a lil...it fluctuates a few hundred rpm. This can also be bad for our belt condition.

· Registered
3,079 Posts
What ever was left of my belt was still on all the pulleys very tightly. I don't think shreading problems are caused by the missaligment of the power steering pulley in relation to the supercharger pulley, but more to do with the weak ass tensioner. The bolts holding the scissor were so loose that I could turn it with my hand when I was taking it off to replace the belt. I'll be sure to check for loose bolts from now on along with the belt tension. Thanks for all your help guys.

My dumbass routed the belt incorrectly and it came up short. I was scratching my head for 30 mins and cussing.

Incorrect :thumbsdow

Correct :thumbsup:

· Registered
3,079 Posts
uchiha said:
i use a grip wrench found at autozone to hold on to the pulley, and then use a big torque wrench to loosen the bolt.
:iamwiths: :iamwiths: :iamwiths: I don't understand why you guys are beating it with a hammer to get it out. Bolt comes off with a lil elbow grease and pulley slides off like butter

1 - 19 of 113 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.