Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· ///elitist prick
40,442 Posts
tt061880 said:
he's the only one I know that still run on the original belt, the rest of gone through at least 2 belts and maybe still counting lol
i've still got my original belt, been on since early april, running the 7lb pulley.

no problems at all, and i don't have any black dust in the engine bay that many others (including sonny) were complaining about.

· ///elitist prick
40,442 Posts
chk said:
I got mine during the CRSX special back in March and my belt is still on. My two questions about the throwing/shredding belts are:

1. How many of you installed the SC yourselves (I absolutely mean no disrespect to you, I admire your desires to work on your cars. I wish I had ANY mechanical inclination when it came to cars)?

2. How many are running the 3.4" (7psi) pulley? (It seems like a lot of you guys with the 3.4" pulley are the ones losing belts. This is what scares me since I just ordered it last week :nervous: )

Anyways, keep on boosting!
i got mine at the same time.

1. i installed everything myself. i never had any belt-related problems.

2. i have been running the 3.4" pulley from the start. the 4.0" pulley never saw one second of action... in fact, i sold it to a civic guy on here, heh.

· ///elitist prick
40,442 Posts
uchiha said:
In my case, the "re-designed" p/s pulley did not solve the belt shredding problem at all, as a matter of fact it made the matter worse.

I put on a brand new 7 rib belt (had to pay for it, Keith didn't offer to send me a new one) with the redesigned p/s pulley. let the engine idle for a minute and I notice the belt was shredding towards the driver's side. Tighten up the belt a little bit more and let it run for bout 30 seconds, the belt jumped right off.

so now i'm back to the original p/s pulley and a 6 rib belt.
damn, i wish some of you guys lived in my area... i'd love to take a look at your setup and compare it to mine. i can't understand why some are having so many problems with their belts, while others like myself are still on the original belt.

· ///elitist prick
40,442 Posts
alphaSSmale said:
I dont think my posts are negitive. I am just sharing my experiences with my kit. I hope that I can get this resolved so that I can share my success with everyone here.

Anyway, I installed a 6 rib belt today and the 7psi pulley and WOW, what a huge difference!!! I love it. I took a test drive for about 30 miles which would be plenty of time for a 7 rib belt to shred on me. By the time I got back I popped the hood and noticed that the belt jumped one grove over on the PS Pulley only. All the other pulleys were fine. The belt itself was still in excellent condition because it was the 6 rib belt but a 7 rib belt would have shredded like that. So what would cause this? I believe I tensioned the belt correctly but it must have been loose enough to jump right? How tight is too tight?
damn dude, even the 6 rib is jumping? you MUST have an alignment problem somewhere along the line, it's gotta be.

all of these belt problems still baffle me. like i said before, i wish i lived near you guys that are having problems, i'd love to compare our setups and maybe help out.

· ///elitist prick
40,442 Posts
wdsonny said:
I have contemplated ordering from them. But, I need bigger injectors first. Almost had some 650's but the guy sold them before I could get to them.
so which do you plan on doing? k24 crank, pulleyboys 3.2", or both (both would be some sick hp for stock internals!)? i'm still up in the air on my decision.

· ///elitist prick
40,442 Posts
alphaSSmale said:
I thought too many people were having problems running the K24 crank pulley. I thought it pushed the belt too close to the oil line. Is this true?
some had problems, some didn't. i hear the same things you do, but i haven't looked for myself. i'm just asking because i had just read in another thread where sonny said he's looking into or planning on getting the k24 cp. he needs more powah, captain!

· ///elitist prick
40,442 Posts
the minute i get my ass on a dyno and/or a track, i'll be sure to share it with everyone. i'm dying to find out some numbers, be it 1/4 time or whp. i'm hitting the track on friday, i'll be sure to post some slips, whether they're good, bad, or ugly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.