Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
241 - 260 of 820 Posts

· Internet Crack Dealer
Joined
·
22,304 Posts
Steve Lloyd said:
did you sell the 3" pulley with your kit?? I'm stil lwaiting for JR to get me one, but htey are dragging their feet. With this new belt problem, I may never see it. I'm on the 3.4" pulley with the original belt and no issues, so I would like to get a hold of the 3" pulley.
Long story short it is cut in 2. Somehow it welded itself onto the blower and I couldn't get it off. Because I was having so many problems with it, I wanted to go back to the 3.4" for better realibility.
 

· Ayatollah
Joined
·
113 Posts
K20A2 said:
Long story short it is cut in 2. Somehow it welded itself onto the blower and I couldn't get it off. Because I was having so many problems with it, I wanted to go back to the 3.4" for better realibility.
I had that same problem with the 4". It wouldn't come off the shank for the life of me. I had to tap it off forcefully, which actually pulled the shank out a little bit...
 

· Registered
Joined
·
672 Posts
Texas-R said:
I loaned this guy my stock JR pulley as a model and he did up a 3.2" and a 3" for me. Quality is better than stock (nice black anodize finish and +-.005" on dimn.) :thumbsup:
http://www.pulleyboys.com

Click on "Acura RSX-Integra".

Thanks for the link, I am going to order mine right now :)
 

· Ayatollah
Joined
·
113 Posts
I wrapped the pulley in a terry cloth and hammered the damn thing off. You get funny looks from people when you're using a hammer under the hood, lemme tell ya'. Screw 'em, my car is faster.
 

· Internet Crack Dealer
Joined
·
22,304 Posts
I started using a rubber hammer, then a house hammer, then a really heavy torque gun I don't use anymore. The only other thing that I have hit that hard is my front lower control arms to seperate them. :) I was wacking the hell out of the thing and it wouldn't move at all.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
672 Posts
UPDATE:

I called Keith again today and had a nice long talk about my shredding belt issue. As some of you know I have gone through five belts. Yeah, no fun :(. I don’t know if you guys have noticed but when you look the design of your stock pulleys you will notice a “shelf” on the two outer edges of the pulley (image1). This allows the belt to sit flat in the pulley. Well JR forgot about this “shelf”, Keith told me that without that “shelf” the belt would not sit flat and would rub the sides of the pulley causing extreme heat and belt damage. That is why they have the new and improved PS pulley. Well two weeks ago I called Keith and he sent me the new PS pulley and a new belt claiming that this would fix all my issues. Well the next day I installed the parts and drove about ten miles when I shredded that belt too. I took the belt off and examined all the pulley’s for alignment, and that’s when I discovered something. The blower pulley had the same design flaw. Well after two weeks of trying to get a hold of Keith I finally talked to him today. I told him what I thought and explained that the blower pulley has the same design flaw as the PS pulley and that’s when he told me that JR had been working on a replacement blower pulley as well! He said they had just gotten them in and he is sending it over to me today.

So all in all he is sending me yet another belt (my sixth one) a new idler pulley and their newly designed blower pulley. So all you who have the belt shredding problem, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I will be installing the new parts tomorrow and will keep you updated. I also wanted to thank JR for their willingness to help us out. Everything has been paid for and I am sure they made no profit off my kit. If you have been trying to call Keith these last two weeks be aware that he is JR’s ONLY tech support guy. He has to take care of every single JR customer weather it is their super chargers, headers, or gauges, he does it all. Keith is the man! :thumbsup:

P.S. From the drawing you can probably tell I am no artist. :)
 

Attachments

· Registered
Joined
·
672 Posts
I dont know for sure. I would think so if you have on going belt problems...
 

· Sold My baby!! :(
Joined
·
1,040 Posts
My P/S pulley and blower pulley all have the shelf you are talking about. I am still assuming that my crank pulley is messing my setup up. The reason why I think so is: when I drove my car with the blower on it for the first time I drove it to the shop to put on the crank pulley. It made it all the way to the shop boosting a little bit. Now I can't make it down the street from my house with a 7 rib belt. I have gone for weeks on my 6 rib belt though. I think the pulley is too big and causing the belt to rub on the tubing coming out of the motor. Thus when I use a 6 rib belt and put it all the way to the passenger side I have no problems because the belt is not hitting that last rib on the tubing to throw the belt. If anyone else agrees with my theory please say so. I need to think I am right before I order a new blower pulley to make 9 PSI with the stock crank pulley. I also hope to get a new tensioner, and belt from Jackson. I know I did something with the crank pulley and that they shouldn't warranty this but I also think that this problem might be because of the tensioner. SO it is part their fault and mine. But I spent the 3700.00 to buy this kit and they should do a little something for me as well as anyone else having related problems. BY the way I have gone through 4 belts and haven't asked for a free one yet!

Jamie
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #253 ·
jsfwds2k said:
My P/S pulley and blower pulley all have the shelf you are talking about. I am still assuming that my crank pulley is messing my setup up. The reason why I think so is: when I drove my car with the blower on it for the first time I drove it to the shop to put on the crank pulley. It made it all the way to the shop boosting a little bit. Now I can't make it down the street from my house with a 7 rib belt. I have gone for weeks on my 6 rib belt though. I think the pulley is too big and causing the belt to rub on the tubing coming out of the motor. Thus when I use a 6 rib belt and put it all the way to the passenger side I have no problems because the belt is not hitting that last rib on the tubing to throw the belt. If anyone else agrees with my theory please say so. I need to think I am right before I order a new blower pulley to make 9 PSI with the stock crank pulley. I also hope to get a new tensioner, and belt from Jackson. I know I did something with the crank pulley and that they shouldn't warranty this but I also think that this problem might be because of the tensioner. SO it is part their fault and mine. But I spent the 3700.00 to buy this kit and they should do a little something for me as well as anyone else having related problems. BY the way I have gone through 4 belts and haven't asked for a free one yet!

Jamie

the belt is very flexible since it has a long length between the idler pulley and the crank pulley so yes I agree that where it hit the hose
 

· Registered
Joined
·
672 Posts
Does anyone know the easiest way to remove the blower pulley? Do I need to buy a pulley puller?
 

· Sold My baby!! :(
Joined
·
1,040 Posts
.\\ad .\\ax said:
I had that same problem with the 4". It wouldn't come off the shank for the life of me. I had to tap it off forcefully, which actually pulled the shank out a little bit...
Does the shank just go back in easily or what? How do you know if you got it in all the way? Man I hope I don't have this problem when I get my blower pulley.

Jamie
 

· Ayatollah
Joined
·
113 Posts
jsfwds2k said:
Does the shank just go back in easily or what? How do you know if you got it in all the way? Man I hope I don't have this problem when I get my blower pulley.

Jamie
I didn't notice the shank was pulled out a bit when I installed the 3.4" pulley. I did notice the pulley was misaligned, though. 2 weeks after installing the 3.4" pulley, my belt shredded. That's when I noticed that the shank was actually pulled out a little bit. I tapped it back in with a hammer until the pulleys lined up perfectly, everything's been running like a charm since.

You just have to take care to make sure everything is lined up well; tapping the shank back was easy, just took some time. I wouldn't even worry about this unless you have a hard time getting the 4" pulley off and have to tap it off - it may be easier for some. All I know is that my damn pulley wasn't going anywhere unless I hammered it off.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
672 Posts
tt061880 said:
I think that only happens to a few of us, my 4' pulley came off by just using my hand to pull it out
I hope thats how easy mine is. I am going to take off the orig 4" pulley, replace it with JR's new one, test that out for a few days so I can report back to Keith how its holding up then throw on my 7 psi pully :)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
alphaSSmale said:
Does anyone know the easiest way to remove the blower pulley? Do I need to buy a pulley puller?
:iamwiths:

The're not that expensive...try a pawnshop for used or buy new at Sears.
You never "beat" a pulley off of a SC shaft, you'll fawk up somthing for sure. I'm amazed you guys didn't warp the shaft or the pulley.
 
241 - 260 of 820 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top