Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

641 - 660 of 820 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
then I dont know what to tell you dude, belt slipping is only cause by a worn or loose belt.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Besides from the obvious use of hex bolts in the new scissor tensioner. The key improvement in this new supposedly stronger scissor tensioner is the re-inforced thread hole by some sort of steel insert.

The perimeter wall of the idler pulleys are also thinner to provide more room for the belt to find its home.

My other toys that came today.

3.4" blower pulley and HID

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
I meet up with Doug at a socal rsx meet with over 80 rsx this past weekend. Hondata was there to do a presentation and do instance reflash for anyone interested. Doug told me that the 3.4" pulley would give me at least 10psi. We'll see how much he can tune K-Pro to get power out of my car.

Santa came early but left with my bank account

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
damn, I didnt even notice the steel insert :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
What size hex fits in that hole?

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
alphaSSmale said:
damn, I didnt even notice the steel insert :thumbsup:
I'm only going to use the shorter fixed scissor plate with the steel thread hole insert and hex bolts from this new tensioner. The longer adjustable scissor plate seems identical to the older one. I will reuse the metal idler pulleys that they customed for us; they are much stronger than these nylon ones.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Yes, I got a 3.4" pulley. Its part of the kit, Keith said its designed differently.

·
No, mine's bigger.
644 Posts
shaggy said:
Right....

I know you have a base, so you have a different set-up. I was just curious if any other type S owners got a replacement 3.4" pulley.

I was just curious what the difference was? they look identical to me :dontknow:
I got a new 4" pulley, eventhough I bought a 3.4" about a month after putting the SC on :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
you should call them and get the smaller pulley. They may look identical but there not.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
My blower pulley used to slide in and out so easily. Now it is so hard to get the pulley off the blower once I take off the nut holding it on. It's as tight as if it was welded on. Any ideas how to take it off. I sprayed WD40 and let it sit for half an hour and still no movement. I don't want to hit it with a hammer cuz I don't want to damage the blower itself or bend anything. Help

·
Sold My baby!! :(
1,441 Posts
I did the old wiggle. Push in and out on the top, bottom, and sides. And just wiggle back and forth. It should come off.

Jamie

641 - 660 of 820 Posts