Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i have a few questions about the JRSC i picked up for my EP3, it's the actual EP3 kit, not the rsx kit. I was reading all the instructions and couldnt figure it out, but the blower is very heavy, a lot more so than the stock PRB i would imagine. Is there supposed to be a bracket that bolts the blower up from the bottom? i know the instructions say remove the motor mounts bolts but i couldnt see a bracket on the blower or in the instructions. Can the 7 bolts really do the job of holding the blower up, and taking the tension from the belt? or is there a bracket i am missing. Here is what i got in my kit from a fellow EPhatcher:

JRSC blower/manifold
inlet casting
tensioner
tensioner bolts (extended one's i beleive)
Map relocator
RC440's
3.8, 4.0, and 4.4 pulleys
brand new Dayco belt for the 4.0 which i will be running
injector clips (the tin one's that clip the injector's into rail, not the wiring clips)
two aluminum spacers
and a few extra little bolts

Now i have another concern, I am going to be running the Hondata gasket, but i am worried about being how thick the gasket is, will the manifold bolts be able to grab enough thread to hold the blower up? or should i just buy an OEM intake gasket? Any help would be greatly appreciated guys, im starting the install on wednesday night, and i plan on it being a few days cause i dont want to rush, but i dont like how jackson doesnt have a parts blow-up for the kit :( just a list of part numbers

·
Super Moderator
23,892 Posts
never mind I forgot the EP3 is completely different :face:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i couldnt beleive how easy it was to find a DIY install for a DC5, and i saw the support bracket, looked at my blower and there's like no spot for it

·
Uh Oh!! Blown Motor!?
72 Posts
There is no support bracket on the EP3 specific JRSC. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts