Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Censored said:
Those studs look like the ones that go in the head to hold the manifold on.

i thought so too but the instructions called for all bolts to hold the manifold on...

thats correct right???? all bolts? :dontknow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ahh.. ok... well we just used bolts to secure the fuel rail... didnt use the studs.. it should be okay....

The other thing they messed up was they sent me a MAP spacer that had the nozzle pointing to the right (driver's side)... This makes it impossible to stretch the hose they give in the kit from there to the nozzle up by the fuel rail. What i ended up doing is not threading the long phillips screw throw MAP sensor - MAP spacer - throttle body... rather i twisted the spacer around so the hose nozzle was pointing left and then threaded the long phillips screw though the MAP sensor and down right into the throttle body. (hard to explain... i'll post a pic later)...

i need to get a longer hose... or get JR to send the right piece.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
I didn't get those studs in my kit. The instructions say to use bolts and two spacers to secure the fuel rail.

Also, the MAP sensor spacer nipple faces the driver's side on my car. The supplied vacuum hose reaches the top of the manifold by the fuel rail just fine. They probably sent you the wrong length of hose, but the nipple is supposed to point right (towards the drivers side).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
672 Posts
I got a weird looking block spacer with my kit. Sonny and I had no idea what it was for. I will take a pic when I get home. Its about 3"x3" with three oval slits cut into it. Anyone know what thats for? It also came with a paper gasket.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
alphaSSmale said:
I got a weird looking block spacer with my kit. Sonny and I had no idea what it was for. I will take a pic when I get home. Its about 3"x3" with three oval slits cut into it. Anyone know what thats for? It also came with a paper gasket.

That is a spacer for the IAC valve on the bottom of the throttle body. I copied the instruction from the manual:

60. Install a new Jackson Racing spacer to the
IAC valve on the bottom of the throttle body.
Remove the two Phillips screws and install the
spacer and gasket using the new 5 x 35mm
screws provided with the kit. Leave the original
rubber gasket attached to the throttle body.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
BTW, those screws for the IAC valve on my car were a bitch to get off. Turning those two screws set me back a good hour and a half. Make sure you have a dremel and differnent kinds of pliers on hand just in case yours are hard to get off like mine were.
 

·
...
Joined
·
5,022 Posts
I don't think I got one of those with my original kit. Hmm. I wonder.

XTRMRSX said:
That is a spacer for the IAC valve on the bottom of the throttle body. I copied the instruction from the manual:

60. Install a new Jackson Racing spacer to the
IAC valve on the bottom of the throttle body.
Remove the two Phillips screws and install the
spacer and gasket using the new 5 x 35mm
screws provided with the kit. Leave the original
rubber gasket attached to the throttle body.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,400 Posts
XTRMRSX said:
BTW, those screws for the IAC valve on my car were a bitch to get off. Turning those two screws set me back a good hour and a half. Make sure you have a dremel and differnent kinds of pliers on hand just in case yours are hard to get off like mine were.

This is very true, when I installed mine I was pretty lucky since my bro is a car machenic and when he moved he left a big ass tool box with a shitload of snap on tools and all kinda of pliers. When you install it, you will never know what kind of tools you will need. I've spent a few hundreds on tools on the day that I did the installations, lucky me Sears is right next to my house so everything was much faster.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
alphaSSmale said:
I got a weird looking block spacer with my kit. Sonny and I had no idea what it was for. I will take a pic when I get home. Its about 3"x3" with three oval slits cut into it. Anyone know what thats for? It also came with a paper gasket.

hehe. I totally used that spacer and the gasket on the IAC valve...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,400 Posts
alphaSSmale said:
I got a weird looking block spacer with my kit. Sonny and I had no idea what it was for. I will take a pic when I get home. Its about 3"x3" with three oval slits cut into it. Anyone know what thats for? It also came with a paper gasket.

your car been okay without the spacer in, I wonder what is it really for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
XTRMRSX said:
BTW, those screws for the IAC valve on my car were a bitch to get off. Turning those two screws set me back a good hour and a half. Make sure you have a dremel and differnent kinds of pliers on hand just in case yours are hard to get off like mine were.

what step was this??? i dont remember doing this...
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top