Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

5,022 Posts
I don't think I got one of those with my original kit. Hmm. I wonder.

XTRMRSX said:
That is a spacer for the IAC valve on the bottom of the throttle body. I copied the instruction from the manual:

60. Install a new Jackson Racing spacer to the
IAC valve on the bottom of the throttle body.
Remove the two Phillips screws and install the
spacer and gasket using the new 5 x 35mm
screws provided with the kit. Leave the original
rubber gasket attached to the throttle body.

5,022 Posts
Hey, I just looked at the bottom of my throttle body. Guess what. That spacer is there. I just never saw it in the kit or saw the guy install it. My bad about that. Weird that your car ran fine until just now. I thought everything was alright. Put that on there soon and tell us if the problem still exists or not.

alphaSSmale said:
My car now has the same problem and I am thinking its a vacuum leak from the IAC valve because I didnt install that spacer. A good way to check for a vacuum leak is to get a can of butane and spray the edges of the gaskets you want to check. If you have a leak the butane will get sucked into the block and cause your engine to rev noticeably. You have now pinpointed your leak. I am going to do this sat at the same time I install the IAC spacer.

Also, I want to say you guys have been awesome. I have learned so much coming to these forums its unbelievable! Thanks again!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.