JRSC - extra parts.. what are these for?? [pictures]

2K views 34 replies 8 participants last post by  .\\ad .\\ax 
#1 ·
any idea what these are for?

Attachments

See less See more
#27 ·
XTRMRSX said:
You can't really check for vacuum leaks since they are coming from extremely tight spaces. You will have an awful idle with a vacuum leak. My car would rev on its own in neutral from 1200-2100 rpms constantly.
My car now has the same problem and I am thinking its a vacuum leak from the IAC valve because I didnt install that spacer. A good way to check for a vacuum leak is to get a can of butane and spray the edges of the gaskets you want to check. If you have a leak the butane will get sucked into the block and cause your engine to rev noticeably. You have now pinpointed your leak. I am going to do this sat at the same time I install the IAC spacer.

Also, I want to say you guys have been awesome. I have learned so much coming to these forums its unbelievable! Thanks again!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#28 ·
make sure you get a good length of the hose for it though because if you have the same spacer i do, the nozzle faces right and the hose they provide doesnt reach. It kind of does but it is all pinched... just go to autoZone and get a 12" length of it and you'll have enough.

#30 ·
Hey, I just looked at the bottom of my throttle body. Guess what. That spacer is there. I just never saw it in the kit or saw the guy install it. My bad about that. Weird that your car ran fine until just now. I thought everything was alright. Put that on there soon and tell us if the problem still exists or not.

alphaSSmale said:
My car now has the same problem and I am thinking its a vacuum leak from the IAC valve because I didnt install that spacer. A good way to check for a vacuum leak is to get a can of butane and spray the edges of the gaskets you want to check. If you have a leak the butane will get sucked into the block and cause your engine to rev noticeably. You have now pinpointed your leak. I am going to do this sat at the same time I install the IAC spacer.

Also, I want to say you guys have been awesome. I have learned so much coming to these forums its unbelievable! Thanks again!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#31 ·
XTRMRSX said:
Do you have a check engine light? Mine had one when I had the erratic idle and the code it threw was: P0505 'Idle Control System Malfunction'.
I did a scan with my scan tool and nothing came up. I still think its either the ECU or the IAC valve.

WDSONNY said:
Hey, I just looked at the bottom of my throttle body. Guess what. That spacer is there. I just never saw it in the kit or saw the guy install it. My bad about that. Weird that your car ran fine until just now. I thought everything was alright. Put that on there soon and tell us if the problem still exists or not.
Yeah, when I talked to JR about my problem the guy thought I was an idiot for not putting that on. Oh well, I just hope this doesnt cause any permanent damage.

#32 · (Edited)
So I put that spacer in and did the idle learning on the ECU and now my problem seemed to get worse. It will not idle below 1100 RPM now. There are two things I have noticed, first if I listen closely I can hear what sounds like a muffled popping noise coming out of the tailpipe. Can this be detonation or backfire? Also what I did was hook up my ODBII scanning tool and took a look at the O2 sensors. I graphed out the result, take a look and let me know what you think. O2 Graph At sample 66 is where I reved the engine and that is the only point where the two sensors read the same. I dont know a lot about O2 sensors but I would think that because I am running the JR Test pipe the sensors would read the same. Maybe someone else with a scan tool can look at their sensors and see if this is normal.

Is it possible I have a stuck IAC valve or bad O2 sensor? I ordered some Denso IK24's from Clubplug.net thinking that one of my plugs could have gone bad but I dont know when those will come in. I am really at a lost at what to do next. Tomorrow I am going to stop by the gas station and pick up some butane so I can do a vacuum leak test.

One more thing, if I had bent valves could that be causing this???

~~EDIT~~
XTRMRSX said that he had the same problem when he left the stock orange gasket in where the IAC spacer goes. He mentioned that once he took that out and used just the paper gasket his idling problems went away. I am going to try that this weekend and see what happens. I am crossing my fingers.

#33 ·
One more thing, since installing the jr header and test pipe I have gotten two CEL's that say something to the effect that the second O2 sensor is unresponsive. This is not the CEL your supposed to get which is Cat is performing below threshold which I have gotten several times. When I do get this CEL my ODBII scanner also reports that the Fuel System 1 Status = Fault when normally it should equal 0LOOP.

Do you think I have a faulty O2 sensor? I was going to take it out this sat and check to see if its gunked up or something. I dont want to have to buy a new sensor. Let me know what you think.

#34 ·
#35 ·
Those two studs come with the new injectors. I had to use them when I put the new injectors on my original intake manifold (I had to drive my car with the JRSC race flash but without the JRSC...). They replace the original fuel rail studs which aren't long enough to support the increased size of the new injectors. I think I just used bolts (which I believe is what the instructions called for) to bolt the fuel rail into the JRSC manifold.

I also got a small, round, black spacer about the size of a nickel left over. I went back through the instructions, but couldn't find where I might have left it out. Note, this isn't the spacer used to move the alternator out, those spacers have a cutout to the center hole. Anyone have an idea what that might be?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.