Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... check the install... does everything look right? i'm still having the hesitation problem.

Attachments

· Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
issues......

you see the throttle body gasket broke when we took the throttle body off... Most of the gasket stayed on the throttle body while a small portion stuck to the intake manifold and broke off. Acura was closed today obviously so we just pulled the chunk off the intake manifold and put it on the throttle body and then used liquid gasket to seal everything down... worked like a charm!!!

You can see the stock plugs were kinda crusty... looks like i have been running lean for a while... probably since i slammed my CAI on there last year. I havent pulled the plugs to check since (duh me..... i know..)

The other Really bad issue we had was we got everything installed and done and were doing the last step before firing up the car which is to reconnect the negative battery cable and the cable was fricking arcing like crazy... turns out the starter lead was touch the bottom of the SC/intake manifold. This is a BAD THING... Stupid instructions said to the turn the lead so its horizontal... should have said VERTICAL WITH THE LEAD FACING DOWN TOWARDS THE GROUND.. This problem forced to take the whole SC out again to move the lead. This added an unnecessary 1 extra hour to the whole install.. PAIN IN THE ASS!! I will be calling Jackson tomorrow and giving some ideas on improving the instructions....

Other suggestions for making the instructions better:

- add a step that says when to put the P/S pulley back on
- add holes to the P/S pulley so you can hold it more easily when tightening the end nut
- add instructions for installing/wiring up the new fuel injectors for the race kit
- fix instruction that says to replace the fuel filter... We cant change the fuel filter on our cars apparently ... according to the parts guy at Acura of riverside... He recommended just taking an airgun to the Fuel SCREEN to make sure its clean. We have a "maintenance free fuel filter" whatever that means....
- i know it is simple but it would be nice to have step by step for removing immobilizer/ECU.

Attachments

· Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i VieTEC said:
what's this tube for? (red circle)

now that you mention it..

:eek:

i think thats supposed to go to intake... i dunno why it got plugged in there (i'll blame my buddy for now... hehe)

i'm gonna go check...

· Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i VieTEC said:
what's this tube for? (red circle)

okay i guess the plug was nowhere so we just routed that little hose to cover that hole and the hose goes around the front of the plug that goes into the MAP and below and to the right of the MAP there is another nozzle that it is on....

is it that going to cause an issue??

see attached pics....

Attachments

· Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i VieTEC said:
I think this tube goes over here where the red arrow is...send sonny a pm or ask someone to make sure

yep... THANKS ivietec!!! i owe you BIG time tonight dood... I was about ready to go to bed all pissed that my car is running shitty. The MAP hose was all hooked up wrong. I hooked it to the nozzle by the fuel rail and then capped off the top most nozzle where you saw the hose plugged in in the original picture that you asked "what is this hose for??".... you RULE!!! you pointed me right to my F-UP... thx dude...

i went and road tested and HOLY SHIT!!!! 7psi is nuts.... it surprised me eventhough i was *ready* for it. The car is running great with awesome boost and great response... WOT is vtec 4000 alll the way to redline... BEAUTIFUL...

I LOVE HONDATA
I LOVE JACKSON RACING
I_VIETEC RULES
WDSONNY'S PICS RULE
WDSONNY'S TIPS RULE
MY BUDDIES THAT HELPED INSTALL THE KIT RULE

its like a new car... WOW :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

All you guys on here offered a lot of great tips that made this all possible. I cant thank you all enough.

We're gonna have to have a socal JRSC meet and do some bitchin' video...
I am interested to see the results of the "Socal JRSC Roll call" thread. :) :)

· Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dude... i'm grinning ear to ear... you have no idea... :)

that road test i just did was nuts... probably woke up the whole frickin neighbourhood but i dont care! I live near a semi-rural area so i hit a country road and just took off... daaaaaamn...pure insanity.

· Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
oh... i almost forgot !!!

I LOVE CLUBRSX for having the special on the JRSC kit... it pushed me over the edge and made me finally buy the kit.

You guys rule... and need to take more vacations. ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.