Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My type S is quick but I need something more. Should I invest in a JRSC or should I go for the AWD turbo? Please help me and give specific reasons why or why not and if you say JRSC how much will it take to have one, install one, and what else would I have to mod for it to work out?:driving:

·
Registered
419 Posts
lol if you get to drive an STI you wont want to go back to your rsx..they wont let u test drive sti's..

·
6,734 Posts
I drive a JRSC'ed RSX and a STi (friends, BC 2 exhaust, profec boost controller, greddy RFL BOV, otherwise stock) and I still think my car has more power from the roll. From a launch, no way, but pound for pound, I think the acceleration on both is exactly the same. I like the STi, but I cannot get over the fact when I pull up and away from those types of cars it makes me feel better.

·
Old San Diego Member
4,063 Posts
out here in cali you can test drive a STI i did and so did wdsonny and my roomie who bought the STI.

·
6,734 Posts
Not really. I am not "THAT" impressed by it! Yeah, it has power, AWD. But, can you pass up the fact that you can "blow" by one of them from the roll? I have given alot of thought and I am not getting rid of my low end torque monster for nothing! I contemplated the EVO and the STi, but I just can't give up right now!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I loved my JRSC RSX-S it was crazy fast!!! I went and test drove the EVO, loved it. I realized the potential, so I went ahead and bought one. You may have some traction problems with the RSX but once it gets going it is fast. The EVO just had so much cool stuff stock...ie Brembos, MoMo, Recaro's,Einkes,HIDs...tuff decisionm but have fun and let me know if I can help. Ohhh and by the way, I have posted lots of threads with videos and pictures of the installation of the SC.

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
IMO the STi and EVO are both kind of funky looking (the STi is pretty damn ugly i think). However, both can be modded for cheap and respond real well. Im going with the JRSC, Im just waiting for traction bars. Once they come out, getting power to the ground will be much easier, with no wheel hop, and no uncontrollable spinning. Obviously, the potential for the STi and EVO are much greater then the RSX. Choose wisely:thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
ok if you want somethign quick than stick with the RSX.. From a roll you will always beat a STOCK STI, or EVO. If you are worried about your warranty,and want to stay stock than those are good, but will not beat a supercharged RSX (once the supercharger mods give near 275whp). You will have to mod the EVO or STI to keep up with a 275whp RSX (from a roll) Than your warranty would be voided anyway. lol Im repeating myself.

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
Type-S150 said:
IMO the STi and EVO are both kind of funky looking (the STi is pretty damn ugly i think). However, both can be modded for cheap and respond real well. Im going with the JRSC, Im just waiting for traction bars. Once they come out, getting power to the ground will be much easier, with no wheel hop, and no uncontrollable spinning. Obviously, the potential for the STi and EVO are much greater then the RSX. Choose wisely:thumbsup:
agree about potential because there is no replacement for displacment :D BUT you put those 2 cars together one a rool with exact HP the RSX will take them from a roll, and of course the other way around from a stop. Plus you will have the handeling of the 2 which is better than the RSX.

·
6,734 Posts
You people fail to see the point. From a roll, a JRSC (mine) and an STi (friends) are side by side until the STi's 155mph speed limiter kicks in! Trust me I know! When you pass a cop on the side of the road at 135mph you tend not to stop! But anyway. The STi and JRSC'ed RSX are dead even on accelaration (my opinion since I have driven both to the extreme). Until the boost upgrade and the ECU programmable become available, I will settle for this.

·
Out on bail
3,816 Posts
im still not a big fan of the sti's exterior. i love its performance, but i'm gonna stick with a boosted rsx-s, when i get the cash to boost. if i could afford one i'd get the evo.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts