Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked with Jackson Racing and they said that they are working on a TypeS supercharger based around the eaton blower as per usual. This should be out by middle to late this year with the base version near the end of the year......

raise your hand if your heart skipped a beat!
:thumbsup:

·
vwls r fr psss
482 Posts
Re: JRSC out 18-20 months

coldrsx said:
. . . should be out by middle to late this year. . .
read: should be out by middle to late next year . . . . . :)

It'll be interesting to see how they deal with the variable cam timing.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Read: this year, unless you think its still 2001....

JR has dealt with variable valve timing before (b16,d16,b18c), i dont see why it will be a problem now.

·
i'm always right
3,831 Posts
increasing airflow won't be a problem for the engine. only thing i would be worried about is running to lean but the ECU will sense more air being crammed in and adjust to more fuel. also a few mods like maybe a bipes ECU (which will trick the ECU into running more fuel and less timing) are cheap and relatively easy to put on.

if you can gain 40hp to the wheels off of it and lose some weight, drop a LSD and new clutch and flywheel you have the potential to see 13's tuned.

·
vwls r fr psss
482 Posts
coldrsx said:

JR has dealt with variable valve timing before (b16,d16,b18c), i dont see why it will be a problem now.
Heh, A bad attempt at a joke on my part. I meant that their stuff is never out when they say it's going to be. Exhibit A: the prelude kit. It came out years later than they projected.

And they've never had to deal with variable intake cam timing (iVTEC). I bet there's a lot of power to be found with it if tuned properly for a forced induction application (reducing overlap).

·
Registered
341 Posts
coldrsx said:

Those had only two cam settings, the RSX has an infinite amount. Much harder to deal with.

To those wondering-I bet that some boost kits will simply shut the VTC off. Seems to me it would be much simpler and cheaper.

·
i'm always right
3,831 Posts
it only took JR 4 months to get the supercharger out for the civic SI and to also get it carb approved. who knows how long it will take but i assure you they are workign on it.

T

·
0 Posts
drrrrr Aaron 233 posts and u dunno what i-vtec is yet? .... hahah if your cam lobes looked like pretty ice cream cones mebbie..... wow that'd be beautiful. i'm sure they'll have that soon....

·
Registered
341 Posts
Trizzin4u said:
drrrrr Aaron 233 posts and u dunno what i-vtec is yet? .... hahah if your cam lobes looked like pretty ice cream cones mebbie..... wow that'd be beautiful. i'm sure they'll have that soon....
WTF are talking about?:dontknow:
I doubt you can tell me anything I don't know about how i-VTEC works.

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Here is my problem. We have high compression engine. That doesnt mean that you cant run boost it just means that you cant run very much boost. Moreover, our cams are completley variable and advances the timming under WOT. The very last thing that you want to do is to ADVANCE your timming under boost.

It just seems like a bad combo(ie boost/adv. timming, and H.C.)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts