Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had it on for about 4 months now and I think I have developed a vacum leak. I had one after I installed it the first time and I fixed it it. It was leaking around the intake manifold gasket. I am going to check there this time too but is there anywhere else it might leak? I tightened it down excatly like the instructions said. Is there anyway to fix this problem for good? It is me and my wifes only car so we drove it daily for the past 4 months, why has this popped up now? Shouldn't it have happened earlier? Please help!

·
Old San Diego Member
4,063 Posts
Not really. I can only speculate as to any number of vacuum lines. Check out all the lines to make sure no holes or kinks. I am not sure what your exact problem could be.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah the line are all good, thats the first thing that I checked, I want to avoid taking it off but it looks like I might have too. Oh well I have a hondata intake gasket so I'll put that on while I'm in there. I wish I had a shop over here I could trust cause I have limited time to work on it.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Underneath the car where you installed the black support bracket from the bottem of the SC to the cars block there are 4 bolts, if you did not locktight them they can unscrew from the vibrations of the car causing a vaccum leak. Get underneath the car and check those.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah they are solid I check there last time too. I'll take a look this weekend and post what is wrong.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I started it up this mornig every thing was fine. I took it up to the shop and put it on a lift, nothing I could see. She is running perfect. Wonder what could have caused this temporay mess up?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
A good sign that your motor is about to blow!! lol just kidding......glad it is running smooth now. Peace

·
Registered
340 Posts
Guam Type-S said:
I have had it on for about 4 months now and I think I have developed a vacum leak. I had one after I installed it the first time and I fixed it it. It was leaking around the intake manifold gasket. I am going to check there this time too but is there anywhere else it might leak? I tightened it down excatly like the instructions said. Is there anyway to fix this problem for good? It is me and my wifes only car so we drove it daily for the past 4 months, why has this popped up now? Shouldn't it have happened earlier? Please help!

Always check the idle bypass also..

What exactly was the car doing/reading as far as vacuum??

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I have run it 2 times.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
2k1civic4rmguam said:
did you run at the track on guam yet?
In racing terms that meens what were you times. lol :thumbsup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well the first time was horrible cause I started out with too much throttle and just sat there spining and the second time I miss shifted and gave up on that run and coasted through at 72 mph.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Guam Type-S said:
Well the first time was horrible cause I started out with too much throttle and just sat there spining and the second time I miss shifted and gave up on that run and coasted through at 72 mph.
Wassup! Damn I wanna check out ur car sometime never seen it around though. I used to take mine to the track a while ago too but now no more cuz its always packed.
Sometimes u would only get two-three runs a day. :thumbsdow

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Same reason I stopped going! They need to open it more days and longer hours.

·
Registered
305 Posts
damn a supercharged rsx on guam...i wanna see!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts