Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the JR race version, I currently have stock header, SRI, and tanabe SRM. I know getting a race header is a must but for the SRI, do I need to get a cai? and for the exhaust, do I need to change it to something else bigger too??? all inputs are welcome, thanks

·
parts selling freak
1,409 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
SlowK20a2 said:
so in your opinion, the tanabe SRM wouldn't do any good with the supercharger???
depends on your boost. if you push oir it's gotta go someplace, so a restrictive exhaust will net you higher engine temps, and if it's too open you can draw fresh charge into the exhaust mani. and burn valves. E mail JR and find out what exhaust they recommend. I would think 2.5" exhaust is fine besides most 3 " exhausts mount up to your header at 2.5 anyways.

I"d go dyno that sucker first and see what you get. If the power is up and with good torque then it's fine, if you're disappointed upgrade the exhaust granted all else is working fine :D

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay then the Tanabe SRM is up for sale folks lol j/k, I love the way that exhaust looks and sounds, it'll be suck if I have to give it up, peeps with JRSC out there, what exhaust do you use???? what do you recommended?
TT

·
no longer moderate
5,145 Posts
...the stock exhaust is the last thing i would do if i were you. and go for the full cold air...i have been ruunnning the stock exhaust and still i make great power...and i understand major problem are poppong up mixing the 3" exhaust w/the some of the headers(they are not lining up!!!!)..so i would wait a bit there are more than a few in the works that will be coming out...soon!
...mateo

·
parts selling freak
1,409 Posts
one thing i keep wondering about and have read about but makes no sense is, would adding type r cams with jrsc increase horsepower? from what ive read the answer is no, it stays the same. but that makes no sense to me what so ever. cause if you add them to your type s now w/ hondata type r program you get a BIG increase in power, why wouldnt it help with the supercharger? HONDATA or anyone please explain :thumbsup:

·
parts selling freak
1,409 Posts
to be a little more technical, is it cause the type r cams duration is shorter than stock? the type r's lift is larger than stock, correct? so wouldnt that let more air in?
thanks for any help on this :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
lift is the same as stock - duration is longer on the type r

on a FI app you want more lift with less duration

lates

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
crower is supposedly close to releasing thier FI cams

$800 for the cams (pair)
$450 for the spring retainter kit

20-80hp depending on tuning

all that info is directly from Brian Crower

·
parts selling freak
1,409 Posts
what you guys think about getting a re-grind by crower? its a lot cheaper.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts