Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
parts selling freak
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.hondata.com/dynok20a2superchargednos.html

im sure you guys have seen this. are seeing the future jrsc race ver 2????
hey hondata, if you see this, im shooting for 300 ponies :laughing: with jrsc and yous guys are pretty much the leader with playing with the jrsc so what will it take to make those #'s safely and reliably?? any projected prices or dates? also whats the status of a "intercooler"? and im sure tuning with the programable ecu will be a big factor, could you give info on any other advantages of the ecu with the jrsc? (ex: disableing o2 sensors and so on..)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
yeah.. i read about that.. i was going to order the race one last week... but the guy said wait untill the new race one ( version 2) is out , he said he can get it for me.. for less thatn 3500$..hehehe.. soo i'll get it in the summer...

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
I can tell you guys there are zero plans for a race version 2. There are two versions, the street version and the race version. There is then going to be an upgrade for both the kits and that is what Hondata is using for that testing.

Make sure you guys check out the online store as well, we have new Jackson pricing that is very competitive!

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
You will need to get at least injectors, so you will have to see how the costs break down. From what I have seen, it is much better to just purchase the race kit outright but I might work out a deal with Hondata and Jackson and the programmable unit.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
what will be you'r reaction if i told u that i found a site that sell's the race kit for less than 3000$.... how would u feel....????

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
I am going to go head and bet they have the wrong price up there because that is close to cost. Go ahead and order it from them because I am not going to get anywhere close to that price. I can also tell you that as soon as you do, it won't be that cheap again, unless they just want to go out of business. :) Hell, everyone should buy one from them because then it probably would put them under and I would have one less company to deal with. :D

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
I did the math on their street kit and we are about the same price, so I am going to assume that once they correct their error that the race kit will be about the same price as us.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
but i went to the shop .... it's in mesa... and i asked them why is it soo low... they said that that's the price.. i asked if it was the race..kit.. with the hondata.. he said yep... but then he said that the version 2.... is comming .. he told me if i was willing on paying cash..... he would get it for me for 3300$ out the door....

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
haha, he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. Believe him if you want to but he is very off track. There is no version 2 race kit, he is making that up. Maybe he knows about about RSX parts than I do. :dontknow: Ahh well, I only posted to make sure that a new rumor doesn't get started.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
mmm..ok.. soo the hole version 2 is all BS.... i should go tell him that....

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
It is, from what he is going to be charging ($3300), that is going to be the normal race kit that is out now. I have emailed Jackson to make sure they clear things up for him. :)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
ok.... than i'll get the race kit in the summer..... thx for clearing that out...

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
kooool, thx

·
Registered
437 Posts
its a misunerstanding of terms. I dont think JR will be selling a version 2. I don't know who made up this "ver. 2 " term anyway? you can make the damn upgrade yourself. everyone saying they are waiting for it is being rediculous. hondata had thier upgrade fabbed. its all independent from JR. there kits have always been about reliability with whimpy amounts of boost. so don't look for an upgrade from them anytime soon.

·
parts selling freak
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok ok, easy now. thats just an impression that i got, that their would be a upgraded "ver. 2". so all you need to get is larger injectors than what already comes with the race kit right? and smaller pulley and programable ecu... ok. hey chris, do you plan on putting together a package of these parts in the future?
thanks guys

1 - 20 of 65 Posts