Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all got back my ride today. I had the jrsc "race version" installed. I have a question my dyno says that I made 230whp and 165 torque. I installed the sc and Jackson Race headers plus I have AEM cold air intake. I thought that my whp should of been 256 and 170 torque. any ideas, it seems that I am making the torque but not the power.

Thanks

·
i-VTEC, Do you?
973 Posts
Possibly the stock exhaust is a bit too restrictive?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yeah, i think WDsonny only came up with close to 230, congratulations on the kit though, i just installed the street version yesterday, are you having any trouble leaning out??? Good luck

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all the base line on my car was 173whp and 131 torque. I am running a full exaust system. What is confusing is that the torque is what jackson said it should be but not the whp.

·
Headlight Guy
8,513 Posts
It sounds as though your losing some ft/lbs. before redline. Keep in mind the peak numbers occur at different points along the rpm band (tq~7k and HP right at redline). I can think of two things.
1)Your torque curve seems like it might be lower than the one JR claims which might explain the lost HP up top.
2)The last few rpm's aren't breathing as well as they should be and holding it back some.

I'd bet on choice #1 though. If you can post your dyno.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will post dyno run when I get it scanned. I have one more question I had the performance garage install a air/fuel mix gauge, what I am see is that when I let off on the gas it shows lean for a few seconds and when I put my foot into it is ok.

BTW I had a friend rev my car up and when he hit it the belt slips a little bit, also I noticed that I was getting about 4 or 4.5bls of boost on the guage could this be my problem.

Thanks all!!! :)

·
6,734 Posts
Make sure you tighten the belt per the instructions say or it will throw itself off the pulley or worse. Running lean once you let off the throttle is fine. No gas = lean. Don't worry about that. Your belt is not tight enough, your boost should be about 4.8psi at 8500RPM. I pulled a 229WHP on a dynojet and about 235WHP with the Nology PDA-Dyno. Don't trust JR's dyno plots, I have been trying to get those numbers since day one. Only one has come anywhere near that and he sold his car. Scottatyamaha was the highest one.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
ahhh what it is to be the champ.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will try and get the dyno sheets up today. One more thing the car seems to idle very rough, is this normal

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey all just went to JR web site to see what rpm they dyno there car at.

Street 8000rpm

Race 9000rpm

When my car was on the dyno they only took it to 7800rpm, could be the difference why I didn't see the hp #

BTW at 7800rpm my car was still making hp, i will post the dyno sheets later.

Thanks all for you help.

·
Registered
410 Posts
i just installed mine too and the idle is just a tad low which makes it kinda rough, anyone besides me and you having this problem?

·
Registered
687 Posts
I had the JRSC street installed about 3 weeks ago. My idle is a little lower now too. But I also has the ES MM installed at the same time. So I guess a combination of the two make it idle a little lower.

·
Headlight Guy
8,513 Posts
It might idle lower because of more load but I would think the ECU would correct that. Not sure about that. Cutting off the dyno 7700rpm would result in lower peak HP b/c your car should peak at 8800-8900rpm. I think that would be your issue. Why did they cutoff at 7700? Going by the dyno on JR's website for 7700 you look pretty much on par, maybe a tad lower.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Just tune your car......if your idle isnt perfect then u need a tune

·
6,734 Posts
When you put the JRSC on did you route the throttle/cruise cable as the instructions stated? If you did then adjust the cables to make sure they are tightened.

RsxManJoe said:
Just tune your car......if your idle isnt perfect then u need a tune

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
1,495 Posts
My guess is that the short dyno is to blame. wdsonny, or anyone else, if I'm correct, the JRSC keeps making power right up to redline, right? So if he stopped his at 7800, then it's possible that there was another 10-15 HP to go?

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
Sacrifice said:
My guess is that the short dyno is to blame. wdsonny, or anyone else, if I'm correct, the JRSC keeps making power right up to redline, right? So if he stopped his at 7800, then it's possible that there was another 10-15 HP to go?
With a good exhaust and intake system the race version increases in power all the way to 9300 rpm where valve bounce occurs if you have stock springs.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hondata said:
With a good exhaust and intake system the race version increases in power all the way to 9300 rpm where valve bounce occurs if you have stock springs.
With better springs, can it go higher than 9300? Or is the bottom end going to give up and let go?

1 - 20 of 88 Posts