Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After few month of search and development, i'm able to post the picture of the JRSC shaft with 16 mm thread (stock is 12 mm)...

If anyone need one of this can contact me :)

·
Mountain Run?
1,535 Posts
Kool stuff man. Ty for posting it up.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
This shaft can be used with the oem JRSC pulley or other pulley like pulleyboys ;-)
This shaft is comparable to Scuffer shaft but with a big threads for improve stenght at high load torque.
For the price is 230 $ + shipping quote.They came with bolt and key..

·
Been there & gone back
2,315 Posts
Tomorrow i made pics of comparison from the shaft :)
I am not sure how this is better than the OEM one. I know Scuffers shafts use stronger stock and his cars have not had any issues with his upgraded part. Can you explain how this is made and why it's a better option?

Thank you

T

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
OK, in this picture you can see the difference from the stock shaft and the new shaft reinforced with the big thread..
The reinforced shaft is made with steel 38NCD4, the same steel used for engine cranckshaft.
The shaft is only heat treatment where ball bearing is installed and oil seal work :)

Normally the shaft is heat treatment on all parts.. but this make it hard and it can broke easy.
This shaft is better because have a big thread and is not heat treated on all the parts but only where it need.
This solution makes the shaft flexible and eliminating the risk of breakage due to fragility!

·
Been there & gone back
2,315 Posts
OK, in this picture you can see the difference from the stock shaft and the new shaft reinforced with the big thread..
The reinforced shaft is made with steel 38NCD4, the same steel used for engine cranckshaft.
The shaft is only heat treatment where ball bearing is installed and oil seal work :)

Normally the shaft is heat treatment on all parts.. but this make it hard and it can broke easy.
This shaft is better because have a big thread and is not heat treated on all the parts but only where it need.
This solution makes the shaft flexible and eliminating the risk of breakage due to fragility!
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another broken shaft

Hi guys, I am new to the forum but I came across this thread while searching for info on Jackson Racing shaft failures. I recently installed a new JRSC and after less than 300 miles my shaft sheered somewhere in the snout. (pulley stayed intact) If I send it back in for warranty, I am without the car for some time, also, the new shaft may have the same issue or weakness. I think I may just be better of going with an upgraded shaft, install it myself, and be done with it. What do you guys think? Anyone have a shaft they could sell me?... (Fireblade?,Scuffers?)

Thanks guys!

·
sCrEwEd.BoOsT.ShE.sCrEeMz
377 Posts
pmed just snapped mine. old thread but ya never know :x:

·
sCrEwEd.BoOsT.ShE.sCrEeMz
377 Posts
pmed you for your info. I want one

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
holy shit, i missed that simon is actually posting! how are things across the pond? probably have no clue who i am since a lot of the old people i talked to just remember my old name.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts