12,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size SC is on the RSX?
M-90?

·
I am heavy weapons guy
12,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is the power output higher as the number gets higher?
Reason i ask is because JR and Eaton and also Kenne Bell are working on SC for the Mazda6s. Eaton said they will be using a M90 SC.

·
Registered
340 Posts
The size is picked in direct proportion to motor size usually to get the best volumetric effiency..M62 is used on 2.0 Acuras as well as the 1.8 GSR..not sure how many liters the Mazda6 motor is?? I am assuming with an M90 it is prob 2.4L or up??

·
I am heavy weapons guy
12,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bluesiTYPER said:
The size is picked in direct proportion to motor size usually to get the best volumetric effiency..M62 is used on 2.0 Acuras as well as the 1.8 GSR..not sure how many liters the Mazda6 motor is?? I am assuming with an M90 it is prob 2.4L or up??
My Mazda6 is a 3.0L. The M90 is used on 3.0L up to 5.0L.
Wonder what kind of power do you think i would get a out of it?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Do you know how many pounds it'll be pushing with the pulley that will come with the kit??

·
I am heavy weapons guy
12,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bluesiTYPER said:
Do you know how many pounds it'll be pushing with the pulley that will come with the kit??
Sure dont it hasnt come out yet but im going to say 6psi which is normal i guess.

·
I am heavy weapons guy
12,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
180 is the stock to the wheels on the 6s 5sp.
185 + 90 = 270 to the wheels. Not bad time for LSD

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yeah, usually you'll see about a 40 percent increase..although every application is different..different cars react differently to boost due to cam profile, head design, etc..but JR is usually very good at creating significantly good power gains reliably on stock internals, so it should be a good kit for your car..start thinkin about a clutch :)..keep us posted..

·
I am heavy weapons guy
12,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
heh yah ACT has a stage 3 clutch out gotta look into that.
We are also pushing for Kenne bell (sp?) for a SC. Since we know what they did to the Cobra a mean ass 600+ hp

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yeah, I think they make upgrades for the new lightnings too, right??

I've seen some pretty nice track times out of those :)..

·
I am heavy weapons guy
12,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yah they are BlowZilla which means the same HP out of the Lighting from the Cobra. The Lighting only has 10 less HP than the cobra

1 - 13 of 13 Posts