Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Would this constitute the equivalent of the race kit?

$1595 for a Hondata PRB
$2649.95 for Street SC
$180 for the upgrade pulley

$4424.95 total injectors not included - I figure it's a smarter go than the $4495 list at JR for the race setup or the $3,399.00 at landspeedracing.com should JR ever release a smaller pulley to get me at 9 psi - just upload to the k-pro and enjoy.

Would I be missing anything?

Thanks in advance.
Lex

·
Premium Member
20,800 Posts
How is that a smarter deal?
$3399 for the race setup vs $4425 for the street + hondata k-pro... dude, that is over $1000 difference not including the cost of the injectors.

If JR ever made a smaller 9psi pulley, they can reflash the ECU to handle the extra boost. And if they treat it like the 7psi pulley, the reflash will be free.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scaleability is more important to me than mailing my ECU around for reflashes. My goal is to get a setup with the K-Pro - however, my question was whether the pulley and the ECU map are the only differences between street and race hardware-wise.

·
6,734 Posts
Whatever. You trying running 7psi on stock injectors and tell us what it's like. Companies do things like this for a reason. Not blowing your engine up. Hondata and JR have done their homework. You do your ghetto JRSC setup and I will do mine.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I would provide the injectors guys hehe - I just want to know what the damned differences are :) I already have some RC550s in my basement. My goal is not to ghetto rig, it is to get the best setup including k-pro so that I have no downtime now, or with future upgrades.

The truth is that I kinda have to sneak this setup by my woman. ;) She won't notice a SC, but she will notice if the ride is parked for a few days lol - inoperable.

So the pulley and the flash are the only diffs (injectors aside)? thanks frosty.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
You need the map sensor adapter that comes with the race kit. That costs $180 by itself, so throw that into your pricing as well.

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
Lexx-S said:
I already have some RC550s in my basement.
You must have high impedance injectors machined to fit the RSX fuel rail (ie the proper ones). Low impedance injectors will eventually burn out the computer.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Frosty said:
You'd be willing to pay over $1000 extra to sneak it by your woman?
You're insane, LOL.

Dude, buy the proper race kit, use the saved money to buy her a puppy, a gold bracelet, diamond earrings and a pearl necklace and just tell her you got a supercharger. :rolleyes:
:iamwiths: If you don't do it Frosty's way... it'll wind up costing you more money. All that chick swag and the race kit is the cheapest way to go.:rotfl:

·
THE EVIL ONE
970 Posts
Hondata said:
You must have high impedance injectors machined to fit the RSX fuel rail (ie the proper ones). Low impedance injectors will eventually burn out the computer.
would they work on a AEM fuel rail also?

-Clay

·
Aaron
1,131 Posts
sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I'm actually considering going this way too. I am trying to put together a staged upgrade path instead of dropping all the $$ at once. Anyway, I was thinking about doing this:

stage 1:
K-pro (I can use #4 for now, change to JRSC when I get it)
upgrade to CAI (from SRI)

stage 2:
JR street kit
map sensor adapter
550 injectors
NGK plugs #2668 gapped 0.030

stage 3:
JR Race Header
Boost Upgrade Pulley
3" exhaust
Greddy 9mm Oil Catch can

does this make any sense? The reason I want to do this is because a) I want the K-pro ecu and b)because I know how I am with saving money... a couple grand, no biggie, $4,000 at once... I'm going to start thinking more about a house and less about my passion for this car, and personally I'd rather work on the car.

·
Master of Auto Talk
1,260 Posts
Phoenix80 said:
I was thinking about doing this:
stage 1:
K-pro (I can use #4 for now, change to JRSC when I get it)
upgrade to CAI (from SRI)

stage 2:
JR street kit
550 injectors
NGK plugs #2668 gapped 0.030

stage 3:
JR Race Header
map sensor adapter
Boost Upgrade Pulley
3" exhaust
Greddy 9mm Oil Catch can

does this make any sense?.
WOOOO :eek: Yaaaaaah, that will WORK, but damn, in the end, you're lookin at a $5,000 plus job. Hey, whatever works for you

·
Aaron
1,131 Posts
I wonder if JR and Hondata could price the Race system without the flash so people who don't need it (i.e. people who buy the K-pro) can get everything else.

One of the reasons I don't want to get the street setup initially is I don't want to mess around with JR's electronics. I'd rather just use Hondata since that's what I'll end up using on the Race setup anyway.

And, I really want to get Hondata's K-pro asap. I like how you can just re-flash it so I can use the #4 this summer and save the money for the JR setup next summer.

If anyone can think of a better way to do what I'm trying to do, let me know. I'll probably shoot JR an email with my question.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wonder if the sum of the parts list they have listed on their site adds up to the price of the kit minus the flash... perhaps worth a try.

·
Aaron
1,131 Posts
thought it through some more and I figure I'll just save a bit of money and forgo the K-Pro (unless I can work out a deal later). Anyway, here's my plans, let me know what you think, I want to make sure I got everything I need.

stage 1: SC
JR race kit $3559.00
Boost Upgrade Pulley $148.00
NGK plugs #2668 gapped 0.030 $30.00
boost gauge $64.00
Greddy 9mm Oil Catch can $99.00
-----------------------------------------------
total $3900.00

stage 2:FI Exhaust
JR Race Header $594.00
magnaflow 3" cat 94169 $110.00
R&D FI Exhaust (or other) $616.00