Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Time to Play
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here running J's racing coilovers? -manufact. by Crux. I can not find much/if any reviews on this set up in any of the forums (probably due to price of the units)

I know everyone here rocks something different, I was just wondering if anyone had experience with the Crux suspension. I know Crux currently does a lot of OEM work in Japan.

I did not want to post this in the suspension forum due to my desire to get reviews from anyone with track experience on this set up.

Thanks

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
The #1 concern with any track setup should be the damper... so if their advertisement just says that the dampers are X# way adjustable... and nothing else. You're probably better off getting something else.

·
EM>TION DC5
897 Posts
i dont tihnk many ppl on here will ever get these...considering they are between $3500-$4000 depending on where u get them...but i would like some more info as well

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
From their site
J's Racing SPL damper are developed from their racing expierence from the past 15 yrs. They repeatedly over and over to obtain the damping data for their specification. All dampers are spec'ed carefully with street comfort and circuit performance in mind. 50mm piston (mono-tube) is used for high tunability ranges with 30 way damping adjustment. All dampers are made of billet CNC machined super high quality aluminum along with superlightweight springs. All kits comes with dust boots, adjust wrenches and urethance bump stop. Uppermounts are not included.

CAD $4,985.00 (USD $4,985.00)

So, they haven't given you any good information about the dampers they use... so to me, with the information above, they would not be on my list of options for setting the car up for competition. This doesn't mean they are bad, it just means they haven't given me any information that would allow me to make a objective choice between this setup and others.

·
EM2 Member
1,741 Posts
So, they haven't given you any good information about the dampers they use... so to me, with the information above, they would not be on my list of options for setting the car up for competition. This doesn't mean they are bad, it just means they haven't given me any information that would allow me to make a objective choice between this setup and others.
:iamwiths:

·
Time to Play
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From their site

I looked at some pictures and it looks like the rears have external reservoirs?

Sorry this is the best picture I found. I am looking for more.

Attachments

·
Time to Play
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found More

I found Crux's site and found double adjustable dampers (appears to be the case). see pics.

It looks like no one has used them before?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I remember reading an article on sport compact, where they rated all the suspensions for s2k. They tested tein, spoon, js racing, moton and something else, surprisingly Spoon was rated the best then tein being 2nd or 3rd, J's, Moton all those expansive brands did not perform so well. so you might want to look into that.

and I'd think not that many people would spend 5k+ for coilovers for the rsx considering it would cost half the value of the car? *the earlier rsx-s only worth about 10k now?

·
replica parts ftl
1,765 Posts
I remember reading an article on sport compact, where they rated all the suspensions for s2k. They tested tein, spoon, js racing, moton and something else, surprisingly Spoon was rated the best then tein being 2nd or 3rd, J's, Moton all those expansive brands did not perform so well. so you might want to look into that.

and I'd think not that many people would spend 5k+ for coilovers for the rsx considering it would cost half the value of the car? *the earlier rsx-s only worth about 10k now?
the car equipped with the moton suspension had frame damage resulting in the poor lap times. regardless dutch/german>japanese

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
the car equipped with the moton suspension had frame damage resulting in the poor lap times. regardless dutch/german>japanese
oh really? I was at a newstand at the time .. so I couldn't finish reading the article :(

·
9k FTW
3,196 Posts
spoon was basically a prepped racecar and they didn't run spec tires iirc, so it's pretty difficult to judge the 'best' suspension in that case

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
Not running the same tires pretty much nullifies any car comparison....

·
Registered
184 Posts
i have had them, and run them in other cars/ they are a great lightweight setup. unfortuneatly, they only have adj rebound damping. well, the ones i had anyway. i found that i used the 33 way in 5 click increments. :noes:

·
The Portuguese Stig
835 Posts
DMS "boingers" not that great. They're a club level solution type of suspension, they tend to have lots of issues so we normally call DMS "pogo sticks". Proflex or Ohlins are the ticket but at $10000 or £4000 in the UK is more of a long term investment. Then theres always what the factory works teams use, Reiger and Dynamics but prices of $12k per corner are the going rate for these suspenders!

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
yes

1 - 20 of 23 Posts