Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man, been lookin all over the place for this, club rsx use to have it but now i dont see them any more. any suggestions on where can i pick these up at?

·
ILikeFastCars&FastWomen
733 Posts
I'd offer to sell you my J's but I'm more honest than that. One of the rubber "bushings" inside started to disintegrate after using it for only about 2 months, I might try to find some sort of replacements though. Hopefully the Ingalls bushings will be better and will fit the J's.

·
ILikeFastCars&FastWomen
733 Posts
dc5 said:
I don't think there are anybody in us with 5zigen ETD
I don't think the 5zigen one fits the US RSX because the location of the firewall bracket for the strut tower bar is a little different than the DC5R, so Ive heard.

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
1,495 Posts
From the research that I've done, this is truth. The bolt locations are slightly different. Unfortunatly, this isn't something you can correct. I suppose that some sort of bracket could be fabricated, but this would also depend on whether you have the stock strut bar, ar an aftermarket strut bar, and what the brackets are like on that one.

·
Registered
677 Posts
i thought i was the only one...

JIRZLEE said:
I'd offer to sell you my J's but I'm more honest than that. One of the rubber "bushings" inside started to disintegrate after using it for only about 2 months, I might try to find some sort of replacements though. Hopefully the Ingalls bushings will be better and will fit the J's.
the elastomers in mine fell apart also. i posted on it before but nobody commented, so i thought i was the only one. i couldn't find any replacement elastomers, if you do, let me know where to get them. i hope the elastomers in the ingalls are of higher quality. i'm over the j's.

·
ILikeFastCars&FastWomen
733 Posts
alohatoad said:
the elastomers in mine fell apart also. i posted on it before but nobody commented, so i thought i was the only one. i couldn't find any replacement elastomers, if you do, let me know where to get them. i hope the elastomers in the ingalls are of higher quality. i'm over the j's.
We aren't the only ones either, my friend's also deteriorated in a short period of time.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
I know that is something that we saw on the J's when I was helping design the Ingalls one. This is one of the reasons it is taking so long to be released, there are a lot of factors that we are trying to address to make it better.

As far as finding one, good luck, they are very hard to find lately.

·
ILikeFastCars&FastWomen
733 Posts
K20A2 said:
I know that is something that we saw on the J's when I was helping design the Ingalls one. This is one of the reasons it is taking so long to be released, there are a lot of factors that we are trying to address to make it better.

As far as finding one, good luck, they are very hard to find lately.
Probably because they are all in need of repair. :smilemad:

·
- - - - - - -
3,186 Posts
Whoa, wait a minute. Tell me more about these elastomers. When it breaks, how can you tell? I have mine twisted on the furthest tension to make it stiff. PLease tell me what you are expreriencing.

·
ILikeFastCars&FastWomen
733 Posts
If its bad enough you might hear rattling, otherwise you can see by taking it apart and checking them out. From what I've seen its usually the one thats closer the strut tower that fails and the one closer to the engine mount thats fine.

·
Supreme
1,940 Posts
so what if u have the j's on the softest setting?? and when does the ingalls come out i thought april.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
Bluewind said:
Whoa, wait a minute. Tell me more about these elastomers. When it breaks, how can you tell? I have mine twisted on the furthest tension to make it stiff. PLease tell me what you are expreriencing.
What is happening is there is rubber bushings inside the tube that is used to stop the engine in both directions under acceleration or de-acceleration. Those rubber pieces are breaking down because of the weight of the engine hitting those time and time again. Ingalls is very experienced in developing rubber and poly compounds to help prevent break down in heavy use suspension pieces so they have spent a lot of the time developing the proper compounds so that, hopefully, it will not happen with theirs.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
jesustsa said:
so what if u have the j's on the softest setting?? and when does the ingalls come out i thought april.
That might actually be worse because it is allowing the engine to hit the bushings harder. The more the engine can travel, the greater the engine speed, the harder the hit.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts