Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
noob of the noobs
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car got broken into. and thats whats left of it.
I got a new deck but it seems like i will need other parts from acura to get this fix. (ie. the face plate thing). lol
(ps) i have an after market deck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
if you bought a afrermarket head unit you just need to get the intallation kit you don't need to go to acura just go to somewhere that sells radios and ask for the install dash kit its like $20
^ yeah that if its after market deck. then youll need to get the outside trim from the dealer or junkyard.

·
Special Olympics Winner
3,031 Posts
time for a aftermarket deck my man

·
ItS sToCk.......
2,977 Posts
^ yeah that if its after market deck. then youll need to get the outside trim from the dealer or junkyard.
what outside trim the aftermarket kit is that whole thing

·
Registered
8 Posts
doesnt the hazard button have a face trim that goes around it?? (the same color as the rest of the dash) i thought the aftermarket kit is just specific to the deck. like it holds the deck in and has a tiny trim piece that goes around the face of the deck.

looks like his whole trim needs to be replaced.

·
WWJDMD?
1,477 Posts
doesnt the hazard button have a face trim that goes around it?? (the same color as the rest of the dash) i thought the aftermarket kit is just specific to the deck. like it holds the deck in and has a tiny trim piece that goes around the face of the deck.

looks like his whole trim needs to be replaced.
He has an aftermarket deck and trim judging from the picture. So all he needs is another aftermarket deck with an aftermarket trim. No need to go to the dealer.

·
Juggalo tech
118 Posts
you need the new trim, maybe even a new pocket if you were inclined, id go with a replacement trim, and a double din but thats just me, your gonna need some new trim, maybe a new piece of your dashboard it looks like

·
Juggalo tech
118 Posts
He has an aftermarket deck and trim judging from the picture. So all he needs is another aftermarket deck with an aftermarket trim. No need to go to the dealer.
He doesnt need the trim for the deck, he needs the trim for his dashboard, thats not the same as the deck trim

·
Word
420 Posts
dude that sucks.

adaptor kits can be bought wherever you got your aftermarket HU

·
Registered
867 Posts
My car got broken into. and thats whats left of it.
I got a new deck but it seems like i will need other parts from acura to get this fix. (ie. the face plate thing). lol
Sorry to see that man. Hope that doesn't happen to me:noes:

How did this happen?
I mean, the alarms are crap in the RSX's, but did no one hear the break in?
Does the RSX's alarm go off when the window is broken?

From what I know, the only things that set the alarm off is to unlock the door, or open one of the three.

·
Juggalo tech
118 Posts
my end advice to all this so this can get closed is this

Your gonna need a new trim piece for the dash, your radio is attached seperately, you very well may need a new pocket too, i would advise just replacing the entire piece itself, thats probably how youd have to do it either way. If your keeping a stock head unit, you wont need the dash kit for the radio, if your going aftermarkey, your def gonna need probably a new cradle for the radio, and a new trim piece, circuit city and best buy have the dash kits for under 20 bucks, acura will probably sell you the new dash piece, just the radio section, for like a hundred bucks, after that, i would just have it professionally done just incase anything else is broken, i would also just go aftermarket on the radio either way unless you got a stock acura radio handy

·
Juggalo tech
118 Posts

How did this happen?

From what I know, the only things that set the alarm off is to unlock the door, or open one of the three.
only when you open the door from the inside, after the alarm is engaged, i sat in my car with the key out of the ignition for a couple minutes, then got out, and yeah it blasted, it will also go off if you unlock the car from the inside, but other then that it wont go, someone put a rock through my drivers side window (not robbing me, just a psycho ex) and it didnt make a peep

·
noob of the noobs
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
if you bought a afrermarket head unit you just need to get the intallation kit you don't need to go to acura just go to somewhere that sells radios and ask for the install dash kit its like $20
well i got a new kenwood deck. its a detachable face plate. im not getting another dvd player. im assuming that was the main reason why my car was broken into.
anyways the shop where i purchased my deck from gave me a free installation. i guess he felt sorry for me lol. but he said i need some parts from acura, according to him i need more than a aftermarket deck.

you need the new trim, maybe even a new pocket if you were inclined, id go with a replacement trim, and a double din but thats just me, your gonna need some new trim, maybe a new piece of your dashboard it looks like
my end advice to all this so this can get closed is this

Your gonna need a new trim piece for the dash, your radio is attached seperately, you very well may need a new pocket too, i would advise just replacing the entire piece itself, thats probably how youd have to do it either way. If your keeping a stock head unit, you wont need the dash kit for the radio, if your going aftermarkey, your def gonna need probably a new cradle for the radio, and a new trim piece, circuit city and best buy have the dash kits for under 20 bucks, acura will probably sell you the new dash piece, just the radio section, for like a hundred bucks, after that, i would just have it professionally done just incase anything else is broken, i would also just go aftermarket on the radio either way unless you got a stock acura radio handy
you guys mind giving me the factory number for all these parts?
i dont want to call acura and try to describe every single piece.
btw, what is up with acuraoemparts.com???

How did this happen?

i think the alarm only goes off when the door is unlocked somehow. but i dont know. they obviously broked into the window. perhaps they didnt open any doors?
they took my amp that was drilled onto the backseat. i know they didnt open the trunk because my backseats where folded down. so he obviously unscrewed that shit from the inside.

i park at the bart station over at bayfair to go to work. ive been parking there for 3 years and ive always park right in the middle. came back from work one day and thats what i found. filed a police report but they cant do shit. the cop said unfortunately they dont have surveillance cameras.

·
I-VTEC, DO YOU?
2,191 Posts
every single piece? looks like ONE piece to me.. once again you dont need to go to acura for that trim plate either

·
Registered
867 Posts
That freaking sucks, like I said before, but

I mean, if i was that guy, i would have just been running around with a kpro and stealing the cars rather than breaking them. But lucky for you, your car was still there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts