Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
a wootdoo!!!
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just got my 02ep3 on new years eve and im stoked. I went from a almost blown 1990 hatch to this and im happy but not completely satisfied. Im not looking to race all the time or spenda ton or money but this economic vtec sucks. I want real vtec and moderate hp and torque gains and as far as looks I got that covered. I just wanna know what's the easiest and cheapest way to achieve some real vtec.:vtec:

·
Master DIY'er in training
1,630 Posts
Ok so I just got my 02ep3 on new years eve and im stoked. I went from a almost blown 1990 hatch to this and im happy but not completely satisfied. Im not looking to race all the time or spenda ton or money but this economic vtec sucks. I want real vtec and moderate hp and torque gains and as far as looks I got that covered. I just wanna know what's the easiest and cheapest way to achieve some real vtec.:vtec:
Lol real vtec is hard with our cars... But what sippyyy said will give you some nice gains

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
anything you do you're going to need kpro($1000) i hope you have at least triple that in your pocket.

and you dont have to go k20a2.

you can go k24a* and get great gains from simple bolt ons. and some of those engines are cheap as fuck.

·
a wootdoo!!!
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If later down the road I want serious power ill do a a2 swap and k pro. I just wanna know if vtec will be noticeable with a reflash.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
you get a cheap k24 swap and you pick up 20tq. why dont you just pick up a six speed trans? you dont need any mods to install one of those if its 02 - 04 model year.

·
Registered
170 Posts
A K20a2 is around $2500 with tranny. A k20a is 5 g's with tranny.

You will never have real vtec in an a3 unless you swap cams...

·
a wootdoo!!!
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok so heres my plan. intake header exhaust and a reflash for now. then down the road when i save up some money just get the a2 swap and upgrade to kpro. hows that sound fokes?

·
Eg>Ek>Ep : )
684 Posts
I said price efficient. A $5000 engine isn't doable. Got any real advice
:srsly:

ok so heres my plan. intake header exhaust and a reflash for now. then down the road when i save up some money just get the a2 swap and upgrade to kpro. hows that sound fokes?
That's what I have been running for a while now. It's alright..... it will satisfy the cravings for a while :shady:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts