Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive heard that people from honda are saying that people with turbos on there ivtec engines are burning up the turbos.i dont know why honda would know that but that is just what ive heard.anyone? :dontknow:
 

·
riiiiiiight
Joined
·
2,405 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey im trying to put it out there so everyone knows the talk.if you dont like it dont post.i want a turbo but im going to find out all i can first!
 

·
riiiiiiight
Joined
·
2,405 Posts
moses187 said:
hey im trying to put it out there so everyone knows the talk.if you dont like it dont post.i want a turbo but im going to find out all i can first!
saying that you've "heard from people that...." is useless...that's why you're getting shit...you made a really vague post that told us absolutely nothing...ivtec engines burning up turbos? what is that supposed to mean anyways? You need to be more clear and have some hard facts or else it's useless...
 

·
///M
Joined
·
5,299 Posts
well you've seen rsx's and other vtec blocks run with turbo so where the hell did you get that useless info?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the post was vague for a reason.thats why i came to the boost section of clubrsx.i figured there would be someone else who heard this same vague info.its called "asking a question"its still ok do do this,that is what this forum is for,right.i thought there would be some knowledgable people on this forum.....i guess they just havent answered me yet!
 

·
riiiiiiight
Joined
·
2,405 Posts
moses187 said:
ive heard that people from honda are saying that people with turbos on there ivtec engines are burning up the turbos.i dont know why honda would know that but that is just what ive heard.anyone? :dontknow:
to phrase it as more of a question you would start with "has anybody heard about" not "ive heard that"....

to be honest...the post makes you sound stupid...I doubt people from honda would spend any of their time releasing this kind of info....I'm not saying you are stupid, but this just seems like a really off the wall statement...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,800 Posts
Considering how many people here run boost, and how high some of these people are running boost, I don't see how you can "burn out" a turbo...

Unless you somehow got a tiny turbo... and set the boost way too high for it to handle and got a BOV for a larger turbo... and it spun so fast it fell apart... or something. I don't know if that's even possible :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well if you cant come to this forum with a question and get a straight answer what good is it?i know how a turbo works and i couldnt understand it either thats why i asked you guys with turbos this question.and nossy yo knew what i was saying i just thought everyone here would be intelligent enough to understand my paraphrase.sorry for the inconvience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,692 Posts
Some guys on the boards have been running t34 / 60-1 for quite some time without any problems. Some have even been running constant 14-18lbs of boost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
the k20a will burn up turbos only if it is a bolt on kit, because the specs of the k20a is not designed for a turbo but if you have your internal up graded and have low compression pistons, turbos will be find.
the k20a2 will burn up turbos more than the k20a3
 

·
Still tuning....
Joined
·
3,836 Posts
ive been running a t3/t4 around 17-20lbs with no problems. just tune the shit right and use some common sense then you should be all right.
 

·
///M
Joined
·
5,299 Posts
bigpitty1 said:
the k20a will burn up turbos only if it is a bolt on kit, because the specs of the k20a is not designed for a turbo but if you have your internal up graded and have low compression pistons, turbos will be find.
the k20a2 will burn up turbos more than the k20a3
:wtf: what the hell do you think CN1 and greddy is? BOLT ON
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top