Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Boostalk!
3,289 Posts
1800 miles, blue mint condition and with a muzzi pipe & headers. $3900
Gonna go take delivery in about an hour:drink:
Congratu-fucking-lations man, seriously. Pics? Not to be too personal, but did you finance or pay cash?

·
Boostalk!
3,289 Posts
damn man, again, congrats. I'm thinking about a 500 more and more. I really don't want to start on a 250.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got back from my second ride of the day, but oh man that first ride back from the dealership was so damn scary. It was my first time on public roads.

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
Just got back from my second ride of the day, but oh man that first ride back from the dealership was so damn scary. It was my first time on public roads.
practice at night like what i did...then slowly ride in the morning with light traffic...

hey how does that muzzy pipe sound? iv always wanted to get that when i had my ninja

·
'89 'til INFINITY
3,510 Posts
When I got my 250, I road 30 miles in rush hour traffic to get it back to my place. Scariest shit ever. :[

Congrats on the bike!

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
lol my scariest moment when starting was when the bike was boggin BAD...i thought my motor was fucked...but it turns out i was out of gas and i needed to turn the petcock to reserve...lol

·
Halolcat Crew
10,906 Posts
That muzzy should make riding the 500 much more enjoyable.

You know, at the heart of it, my 1000cc tuono...if you remove the sound of the exhaust and only listen to the engine, you would think you're riding a 250.

·
Halolcat Crew
10,906 Posts
The 500 is a great bike to start on and I would recommend it to anyone. I hope to upgrade in the next year to a ZX-10R :weeeeeeeeee:

Most people would not recommend a jump from a 500 to a 1k. While the displacement is twice that of the 500, the power output is nearly 3-4 times that of the 500. Look into a 600 supersport, which has more than twice the power output of the 500. More manageable.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Most people would not recommend a jump from a 500 to a 1k. While the displacement is twice that of the 500, the power output is nearly 3-4 times that of the 500. Look into a 600 supersport, which has more than twice the power output of the 500. More manageable.
Agreed, but most of my friends have 600s and are nice enough to let me ride them so I do have experience with 600s. I out grew my 500 the first year I had it (going on 3 years with the 500), but I do not regret having it as a first bike. I would have killed myself starting on a 600.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts