Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone with a turbo on their car spray or are you planning to?just curious on the gains.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
moses187 said:
does anyone with a turbo on their car spray or are you planning to?just curious on the gains.
I'm planing to spray as soon as I get the programable ECU from Hondata. I'm only planing to spray a 35 shot.
I dont think that anyone here is spraying unless they have CN stage 2 or maybe the n2o hooked to the intercooler, if that is what you want to know.
High Compression+ Turbo+n20+stock internals= :thumbsdow

·
Registered
340 Posts
moses187 said:
Spraying on turbo setups can certainly show large power gains; both in helping spool time on a large turbo, or to add peak power up top. No doubt I would recommend building the engine.

The thing you also need to consider is your suspension setup and traction control setup you are working with; there is no sense in adding all of this extra power if you can't transfer most of it to the ground. While the numbers may look nice strapped to a dyno, on a track traction it spells out a whole different story if you are spinning and hopping half way down the track.

So, depending on your current setup, I'd say to make sure that your car is built around handling this kind of power before adding it. It may be more beneficial for you to take the power you have w/just the turbo and make sure all of it (or most of it, being realistic :) ) to the ground so that you will see the track numbers you are looking for..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts