Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got my 2004 Desert Metallic 5 speed base model RSX and its fuckin SWEET! I need help deciding what mods to start with, I heard injen is better that AEM when it comes to intake (does that go for both sri and cai??) but i want to put on a header as well. Is there one in particular i should start with? Help help help! Anything input is welcom! By the way, all these rumors about the 2005 rsx...I just saw them review a type-s aspec on tv, its identical to the 2004s. Aslo, Im a little new to all of the mods for the RSX, can someone explain to me what Hondata Gaskets are and how much horsepower i will gain for my base model?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Congrats on the new car. I say drop that shit first, and yea what he said... get cold air after that, forget sri. Aem and injen are pretty much the same its all just personal preference. And i dunno about the gasket though.. maybe like 3hp?? :dontknow:

·
The 973 O.G.
149 Posts
injen

·
Banned
329 Posts
Go with the Injen cai or the aem cai. I've heard the aem sounds a little better but I've also heard the injen gives a little more hp + torque gains. The injen is more money but it is also easier to install then the aem. The aem you have to relocate your windshield washer bottle. The injen gives you a new smaller bottle. As for the hondata gasket. I've heard of those gaskets adding 3-5hp on a type s. But since the bases intake manifold is mostly plastic I've heard the gains are not as good. Probably not worth the trouble.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.