Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Installer / Machinist
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yesterday I went and got my alignment done overall im happy for the short time it will be in use before I get another one done as soon as my longer tie rods get here.

Currently the car has these suspension mods;
  • Buddy Club RSD's
  • Hardrace RCA's
  • 0857 Inverted Tie Rod Ends
  • 0857 PS Bracket
  • Eibach front and rear sway bars (soon to be changed out)
  • Ingall's Rear Camber Kit (poly)
Upcoming mods are;
  • J's Racing Tie rods (will allow more threading into tie rod ends)
  • Function 7 rear LCA's
  • Function 7 Front Racing Control Arms w/ spherical bushings
  • ASR 32mm Hollow rear sway or Progress adj. rear

anyway here is the alignment that i got

---------------Left Front--------------------Right Front
Camber------(-1.33*)-------------------------(-1.24*)
Caster--------(1.73*)--------------------------(2.23*)
Toe------------(0.01")--------------------------(0.04")
Total front toe----------------(0.05")-----------------

---------------Left Rear---------------------Right Rear
Camber------(-.80*)-------------------------(-.072*)
Toe-----------(-0.04")------------------------(-0.02")
Total rear toe----------------(-0.06")----------------

Yeah its not that extreme, but the car is a drag car and somewhat DD, this setup won't eat tires that bad either.

LMK what you guys think as well as any comments or concerns. I will post pics of the car here in a bit.

·
aka Batman on weekends
1,677 Posts
im not an expert but should the caster be off by that much from one side to another?

·
Installer / Machinist
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wasn't aware that Function 7 makes front LCAs for the DC5????
I was told they do from a salesperson at kingmotorsport, if they don't I will just replace the bushings in the front with the spherical ones from the crsx store.

As far as the caster being that off, I'm not sure either about it. I asked and they said something about how the camber and toe had something to do with it. The car doesn't pull at all to either side under power or off power, and it feels very stable at 70+MPH

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
you can reverse yout top mount plates if you want more caster....talk to mark he did it on his rsd's

·
Installer / Machinist
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you can reverse yout top mount plates if you want more caster....talk to mark he did it on his rsd's
I'm not worried about the caster ATM, I will get it more closely aligned after i put the J's rods in. The caster was at about 2.75 on both sides before they started working on it, after toe and camber were set they went to do caster and it had gone down slightly. Then they started adjusting the subframe to try and equal it back out, but I was going to be running late for a meeting later that day so I told them the caster value was fine for the time being, knowing that I will be going back in about 3 weeks to get it aligned again.

·
The power of Dreams
528 Posts
in my experience anything under a .5 degree split between both sides on caster will not cause any pull, and caster does not wear tires. so you should be fine.

·
Installer / Machinist
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes I know, toe is what kills tires the fastest, camber only the insides, caster really doesnt allow for tire wear i wouldnt think.

·
EM2 Member
1,741 Posts
I'm not worried about the caster ATM, I will get it more closely aligned after i put the J's rods in. The caster was at about 2.75 on both sides before they started working on it, after toe and camber were set they went to do caster and it had gone down slightly. Then they started adjusting the subframe to try and equal it back out, but I was going to be running late for a meeting later that day so I told them the caster value was fine for the time being, knowing that I will be going back in about 3 weeks to get it aligned again.
Given how conservative your camber and toe settings are, that kind of surprises me.

·
Installer / Machinist
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah, I will spend more time there the next time as it was relatively cheap and didn't take long for them to do. Only cost $45 to have front and rear done, and they alignment was done with me sitting in the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts