Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just spent 500 bucks at autogeek on the goodies below. I'm going to post before and after pics. This is going to be my first time detailing with a pc so I'm glad there are pros like got_leather around here that can help out on questions. My first question is:

Can you still polish the edges of the front bumper with a 5.5inch pad or do I have to invest in a small specialize pad to handle tight areas like that? Thanks for any advice.

Perfect Starter Kit
Porter Cable 7424 & Pad Kit
FREE BONUS PC Model : Standard
$199.99 1 Yes $199.99

Optimum Polish II 32 oz. New & Improved! $19.99 1 Yes $19.99

Optimum Compound II 32 oz. New & Improved! $19.99 1 Yes $19.99

Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner Plus D103 $15.99 1 Yes $15.99

Leatherique 32 oz. Kit $79.99 1 Yes $79.99

DP Xtreme Foam Formula Auto Shampoo $16.99 1 Yes $16.99

Poorboys World Leather Stuff 32 oz. $25.99 1 Yes $25.99

3 Pack Cobra Gold Plush Microfiber Towel, 16 x 24 inches Buy One, Get One
Free! $29.99 1 Yes $29.99

DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss Formerly DP Four In One $15.99 1 Yes $15.99

Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush $29.99 1 Yes $29.99

Poorboy’s World White Diamond Show Glaze for Light Vehicles $15.99 1 Yes $15.99

Pinnacle Liquid Souveran™ Car Wax Buy One, Get One Free! $39.99 1 Yes $39.99

3 Detail Spray Bottles (36 oz ) $14.99 1 Yes $14.99

Here are some pics. Just to let you know that I have not had a chance to white diamond it and polish it yet. These pics are just strictly Klasse AIO 1x and Klasse SG 2x.

I'm thinking of switching to Zaino but wasn't sure if it will give me a better shine than Klasse. The car is premium white pearl. What do you guys think?

·
THE LEGEND OF CRSX
18,993 Posts
where did you buy from did i read rite and you got a bonus free pc

·
Professional Detailer
5,103 Posts
lol no free PC. Great purchase man. You can use the 5.5 inch pads with the PC pretty much everywhere. You just have to get the right angle sometimes to properly do. If your worried about any edges, just slow the speed down a little when doing so. Also, the Leatherique stuff is great but 32oz kit is alot. For you, I would of just got the 160z but that's me. Post some pictures when your done. Also if you need any more help, feel free to ask.

DJ

·
Registered
45 Posts
lol no free PC. Great purchase man. You can use the 5.5 inch pads with the PC pretty much everywhere. You just have to get the right angle sometimes to properly do. If your worried about any edges, just slow the speed down a little when doing so. Also, the Leatherique stuff is great but 32oz kit is alot. For you, I would of just got the 160z but that's me. Post some pictures when your done. Also if you need any more help, feel free to ask.

DJ
hey man, great choice and you're in for a detailing addiction which will hurt your wallet. I would have personally opted for smaller sizes. what kind of microfibers did you get? never can get enough quality microfibers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where did you buy from did i read rite and you got a bonus free pc
The PC is what I am buying. The bonus is just 2 free orange pads.

Thanks for the advice. I'm detailing 3 cars with full leather interior that's why I opt for the larger sizes. It was a better value and should last me longer too. I'll post pictures when I'm done. I'm not sure if anything will go wrong so I'm going try it on my oldest car first.

DJ
hey man, great choice and you're in for a detailing addiction which will hurt your wallet. I would have personally opted for smaller sizes. what kind of microfibers did you get? never can get enough quality microfibers.
Yeah, I started out with wax/sealants then hand polishing then I find myself spending alot of time detailing and now this. I just needed some quick detail towels so I chose the 70/30 blend at 380grams.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Just received my order today. Will probably practice on my oldest car first maybe this weekend. Dark Green Civic.

I use Klasse AIO on my cars. Do you guys think that the White Diamond will remove Klasse AIO of I put the glaze on top of it? I know for sure that AIO will remove the glaze. The description on the Poorboy White Diamond Glaze is that it has light cleaners to lift dirt and oil. Does any know if it is strong enough to remove sealant?

·
Professional Detailer
5,103 Posts
use the glaze after the AIO. But then after that, make sure to top with something with some real durability.

·
Professional Detailer
5,103 Posts
Also, I hoped you use a discount code such as autopia for 10% or AGO for free shipping.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

DJ
Haven't polish it yet but some pics of what I've done so far. See my first post for pics.

·
☆☆☆
28,161 Posts
thats alot of money to spend on detailing
:iamwiths:

I'll stick to my $2.25 at the car wash. :)

Nice job detailing though. :thumbsup:

·
Bone Stock
196 Posts
I recently placed a $350 order at autogeek as well. I have paid off my purchase by detailing other people's cars. So far I've made about $700 from that order and still have about half left. Next time I'm going to try chemicalguys though.

Just for all those Adam's fans out there. Check out chemicalguys....think you'll find some interesting similarities..... many (if not all) of Adam's products are re-labeled chemicalguys products. Don't believe me??? Order the chemicalguys detail spray and right on their website it tells you that they will repackage products under your label. Just FYI for those who like to save money!

·
BECAUSE! racecar...
4,220 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts