Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Ex-Mod
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, here are some pics of the Mister Jung HID's and the blackout DIY lights i did for Randeezle, AKA, Randy. We started out the day only planning on doing the DIY. I have done my own headlights, and Randy wanted me to do his. Do we started at about 10:00am this morning, and finished at about 5:00PM. Not bad for painting and also installing the HID's. We had just about finished up with the DIY lights and started to mount the headlight asemblies to the car, when Randy's brother called and said his HID's are there. So I drove Randy to his place and picked them up. And we installed the HID's, it was a snap and very clean. Here are the pics in order from start to finish. Enjoy. Oh yeah, we also did his red out tail lights, those came out pretty clean too!

· Ex-Mod
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, they are. Randy had ordered the 7000K, but the packing slip said they were 6000K. Randy was still pleased with the outcome.

· Ex-Mod
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Randy, you didnt get any condensation did ya? I know it had a good seal on the lens, but i just want to make sure.

· Ex-Mod
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pics are off, i have an older Sony Mavica digicam, not the best pics.

· Ex-Mod
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey thanks for the props Randy. Glad you are happy and pleased with my work. I dont know if a venture business is in the cards, but i am willing to do this on the side for other members. But i will charge since it take most of my day. I know i said i wouldnt charge friends for my labor, but now that i think of it, i should. Since i am buying the materials and stuff. Oh well. I wanna see your HID's at night sometime. Later bro!

· Ex-Mod
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
KissMyX said:
jay and randy: where did you mount the hella ballast? under the headlight?or somewhere else?
I mounted them on the shock tower, between the strut bolts and the fender. Here is a pic of where they are located.

· Ex-Mod
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
It is flat black rust resistant enamel. It doesnt get hot enough where its gonna effect the paint. Normal paint temps can reach up to 140 degress with out any damages. And i know the headlights dont get near as hot as that.

· Ex-Mod
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Damn Randy, some pretty good images there.

· Ex-Mod
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
knight_ryder00 said:
Good pics:thumbsup:. I got the 7500, and at first the light output on the street looked green, but after awhile they kinda turned crystal blue. :shooting: 50hrs.
Hey knight_ryder00, you got any pics of your 7500K lights? I am debating if i should get the 7000k or the 7500K. If you have any pics of the light output and the color after warm up would be great, and thanks!!

Jay

· Ex-Mod
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I think what he ment was are they hella, like in really; a lot; very; etc.... And i think i have decided on the 7500K. it will be a few months, like end of March until i get mine.

· Ex-Mod
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Let me clear up what stuff to use. There is a prduct called Windshield sealent, made my 3M. You can find this at almost any auto parts store, i found mine at Kragens Auto, it costs like $5.95 for a fat tube of it, you will need a calking gun to use it. Or you can do the way i did and used a fat MagLite to squeeze it out, lol.
This stuff is pretty gooey and almost runny to a point. I would highly recommend using a sealent to re-seal the lens. Like Randy said, you will be risking condensation if you dont. The easiest way is to heat your oven to 210 degrees, and put the whole headlight assembly in for about 6-8 minutes. Use a towel to get it out, cuz its gonna be hot. Use a screwdriver to pry apart the lens at the corner, the narrow end of the light. Once you hear some cracking sounds, not plastic breaking, but the sealent popping apart, then grab the lens and slowly pull it apart from the housing. It will come apart like butter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.