Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

· Ex-Mod
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
KissMyX said:
jay and randy: where did you mount the hella ballast? under the headlight?or somewhere else?
I mounted them on the shock tower, between the strut bolts and the fender. Here is a pic of where they are located.

· Ex-Mod
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
It is flat black rust resistant enamel. It doesnt get hot enough where its gonna effect the paint. Normal paint temps can reach up to 140 degress with out any damages. And i know the headlights dont get near as hot as that.

· Banned
3,454 Posts
charlie said:
Did you use a relay or an aftermarket harness. Or does the kit provide one?
We didnt use a relay.

The Kit "sorta" provides a harness. Through the magic that is Ghetto Tactics, we came up with a harness that provided a snug fit.

At the base of those tubes, there are these foam peices that let the new bulb sit in there securely. After putting in just the bulb, we realized that it was really loose, and needed modification for a snug fit.

Jay's brother suggested that we just slide that foam peice right behind the bulb, providing a larger, thicker area for that locking lever thing to come in contact with. We tried it out and viola, the bulb sat in place with no movement what-so-ever.

· Ex-Mod
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Damn Randy, some pretty good images there.

· Ex-Mod
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
knight_ryder00 said:
Good pics:thumbsup:. I got the 7500, and at first the light output on the street looked green, but after awhile they kinda turned crystal blue. :shooting: 50hrs.
Hey knight_ryder00, you got any pics of your 7500K lights? I am debating if i should get the 7000k or the 7500K. If you have any pics of the light output and the color after warm up would be great, and thanks!!

Jay

· Banned
3,454 Posts
my stereo has absolutely no problems what-so-ever. I can still bump my music while my headlights are on. Im just not understanding this... The headlights use Less power.... how does that translate to a lack of power elsewhere in the vehicle. If anything (by my logic), there should be more power to go around.:dontknow:

These lights work perfectly dude... Im very happy with them. Theres nothing (not even the slightest problem) that I can see thats wrong with them. Starting up, they're a sight to see.

What flashing are you talking about? Define what a flashing is... cause I'm clueless over here.

· Banned
3,454 Posts
oh yeah:

Here's a MAJOR TIP:

you know that rubber peice you have to pull off to get access to the bulb? Well you're gonna have to squeeze the whole bulb/base through that hole to make it fit properly. Jay did it without a hitch, but I warn you... be very careful with it cause that is the time where you're most at risk of coming into hand~bulb contact.

{k thx}
[email protected]

· Ex-Mod
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I think what he ment was are they hella, like in really; a lot; very; etc.... And i think i have decided on the 7500K. it will be a few months, like end of March until i get mine.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.