Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

· I see what you did there
3,437 Posts
titiusa said:
just took a pic tonight for my sig here's my 6000k hid from jung since 10/20/02 FYI in person the hid's are less blue.

are they bright white w/a blue tinge on the outside??

· Freedom is not free!
666 Posts
Hey Randy, Where did you purchase the HID? I want to get one too... Also, what procedures did you do to remove the clear lense on the head lamps and the procedure to re install it? help!

· Banned
3,454 Posts
damn dude... didnt you read the threat title?

www.misterjung.com

there is a single screw that holds the bezel in the lens. Simply unscrew and take the bezel out. Be careful when putting it back in.

If "Also, what procedures did you do to remove the clar lense on the head lamps and the procedure to re install it? Help!" meant how to get the headlights seperated in the first place...

---Read The Thread---

· Registered
38 Posts
headlight blackout

Where do you get the glue (sealant for the head light housing) from? I asked two dealers and they don’t sell them. :confused:

· Banned
3,454 Posts
uhhh....

"you don't us the one that you have to heat up?"

if that means:
"you dont use the silicone that originally held the headlights together?"

In addition to that silicone, use some more to insure a proper seal. If you dont add any, you're risking condensation.

[email protected]

· Ex-Mod
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Let me clear up what stuff to use. There is a prduct called Windshield sealent, made my 3M. You can find this at almost any auto parts store, i found mine at Kragens Auto, it costs like $5.95 for a fat tube of it, you will need a calking gun to use it. Or you can do the way i did and used a fat MagLite to squeeze it out, lol.
This stuff is pretty gooey and almost runny to a point. I would highly recommend using a sealent to re-seal the lens. Like Randy said, you will be risking condensation if you dont. The easiest way is to heat your oven to 210 degrees, and put the whole headlight assembly in for about 6-8 minutes. Use a towel to get it out, cuz its gonna be hot. Use a screwdriver to pry apart the lens at the corner, the narrow end of the light. Once you hear some cracking sounds, not plastic breaking, but the sealent popping apart, then grab the lens and slowly pull it apart from the housing. It will come apart like butter.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.