Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These bad boys:

How do you guys think the stock rims would look plasti - dipped all black, paired with the Satin Silver body paint? Thinking of doing a plasti - dip job on them sometime here soon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Idk personally I feel like if your serious about running them full time on your car because you just like them then I'd put a little more effort in and try to get them powder coated. Or at least use rattle can because even that can look nice if you do it right. I feel like plasti dip just never looks good and you can tell it's super cheap just by looking at it. That's just my 2 cents

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
375 Posts
I like my stock rims because the cops in my town will straight pull you over for anything not stock and over 17's. I'd go with powder coat many colors to choose from,and nothing out of a can is worth a damn! Get them prepped and painted by you or a pro.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Those are the 16 in. wheels; I like them a lot.
Interesting that seller prices for the 16s seem always higher than the 17s
And good clean 16s are hard to find
The 16 is a relatively light wheel and the associated higher side wall tire is less stiff for daily driver comfort.
It's a nice clean design.
What may be better is the optional forged, a bit lighter, S2000 16x6.5 in. wheels [hard to find].

·
Registered
375 Posts
Those are the 16 in. wheels; I like them a lot.
Interesting that seller prices for the 16s seem always higher than the 17s
And good clean 16s are hard to find
The 16 is a relatively light wheel and the associated higher side wall tire is less stiff for daily driver comfort.
It's a nice clean design.
What may be better is the optional forged, a bit lighter, S2000 16x6.5 in. wheels [hard to find].
Interesting view as most are trying to stuff 20's where they don't belong! I have some good tires and the rims aren't that chewed up? I occasionally buff and wax them. Part of me thinx they would look kinda trick if I sandblasted and polished them and had a pro do the clear co..Coat that is! Black gold, Texes tee! What makes me, some kinda wanna be, white rapper? To much weed! HA I am a Beverly-wanna-be-Hillbilly! WTF?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts