Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
THE EVIL ONE
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't wait for it to come in, Chris, I have to say thank you answering all of my questions, we talked on the phone for like 30 minutes.

But I'm excited and just had to share.

Chris said like 3 other people had ordered it, so who got it, and who is gonna order it?

-Clay

·
Old School
3,823 Posts
02DSM_Type-S said:
Can't wait for it to come in, Chris, I have to say thank you answering all of my questions, we talked on the phone for like 30 minutes.

But I'm excited and just had to share.

Chris said like 3 other people had ordered it, so who got it, and who is gonna order it?

-Clay
Where do you plan to get it tuned?

·
THE EVIL ONE
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It comes with a program you can load onto your laptop and a cable to attach to the ECU to the Laptop, and you just can load Hondata #4 onto the ECU.

The same would go with pre-mapped out programs for the JRSC and Turbo applications, although I don't know the exact details of those.

So once I load Hondata #4 onto the ECU I will go with that for a while until I go to a dyno to see if Ican squezze anymore power out of my motor with it's current mods.
Although the dyno trip won't be needed, I just want to see if the programmable unit can find some missing hp, and how much more I can make tuned with a race header in mind.

And for the whole running lean with a race header thing, Chris said he had not expierenced anything like that with his set-up (CAI, JRH, Hondata #4), to my understanding, correct me if I am wrong Chris.

Hope that answers your questions,
-Clay

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
awesome! give us a full review once you get it.

I'm gonna get to see one in real life this weekend, but I should have one by the end of the month myself!

I will be getting it dyno tuned right away too. :D

·
THE EVIL ONE
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dc5 said:
i thought k-pro was not shipping just yet?

if you have hondata #4 maybe you should get dyno and then when you get k-pro load the #4 that comes with k-pro and see if there are any gain/lost
not to be an ass, but that really wouldn't make any sense, because it would be the same program, the only difference is that the k-pro could then be tuned to each individual car, not just a mass program for the ranks.

But my understanding is that the Hondata #4 program on the k-pro is the same as the reflash, just with tunning capiablities.

-Clay

·
Slow and FWD
1,755 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but I know that the K-Pro can be custom programed by a laptop for FI applications, but if you just had basic mods like a i/h/e wouldn't Hondata #4 be pretty much the same b/c as someone previously mentioned it's built "for the ranks." So pretty much the K-Pro only used for speical applications like FI which require custom tunning? :dontknow:

·
THE EVIL ONE
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well as in my car's current state, it just has, I/H/E, but I plan on doing much more, whether that be Toda, spray, JRSC or all 3, this is just my current state of tune, so in the long run, I will need this anybody, so might as well get it now.

But I see your point, if I was just going to stick with I/H/E, it really wouldn't make much sense.

-Clay

·
Chemical Soldier
1,139 Posts
I plan on purchasing this within the next couple months. I want to take advantage of the 93 octane available to me. I remember reading a post about a year ago with a link that showed a VW(i think) putting down about 10 more whp running a chip tuned for 93 octane vs 91 octane.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
02DSM_Type-S said:
And for the whole running lean with a race header thing, Chris said he had not expierenced anything like that with his set-up (CAI, JRH, Hondata #4), to my understanding, correct me if I am wrong Chris.
-Clay
You are correct, I found that with my setup it didn't run rich or lean, it was perfect air/fuel ratio.

It was my pleasure to help you out today, I love being able to help out the members!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Anyone know when the 3bar map will be released for the k-pro? I'll wait for that to come out before I buy it.

·
Old School
3,823 Posts
Say you have the Hondata K-pro right now and you get toda n spec cams and toda valve springs with other bolts ons. Will hondata provide you with a base toda n spec map or will your tuner have to program from scratch and figure it out again?

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
RSXTypeSNewb said:
Say you have the Hondata K-pro right now and you get toda n spec cams and toda valve springs with other bolts ons. Will hondata provide you with a base toda n spec map or will your tuner have to program from scratch and figure it out again?
From my understanding Toda owns the program for their N2 setup and it is not included with the programmable ECU. My guess is that you are going to have to start from scratch, but I am sure that Hondata will weigh in with a final answer.

·
877 Posts
we should have ecu settings for common modifications. I see that the k pro doesnt come with a program for cai, race header, and exhaust. Only for itr cams, cai , header and exhaust =P

·
Registered
183 Posts
i will have mine in the morning.. along with some new injectors :tonguegri

·
I support Death Panels
8,112 Posts
I want one.

:spin:

1 - 20 of 162 Posts