Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well i just replaced all my bushings with some energy suspension bushing and a custom bushing on the rear spindle that connects with the rear upper arm which is made of polyurethane and BC ball joints.

·
9k FTW
3,196 Posts
Subscribed.

Can't wait to see how different the car acts. I'm thinking about doing this in the next year or so but going superpro on the bushings to get the extra caster.

Did you do it yourself or take it someplace? How much did the install cost if you did?

·
Goddamn Im in tha sky!!!
104 Posts
The ball joints on the front hub that connect to the front lower control arm.....where did you find those??? Im in need of those joints! please respond. Thx

·
Goddamn Im in tha sky!!!
104 Posts
actually where did you get it all?

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
The front LCA compliance bushings look like they have no play in them at all, wont it either limit the pivoting of the suspension or just break apart from all the force placed on them?

·
1 of 1
5,669 Posts
Those appear to be Buddyclub ball joints, poly has horrible "memory" when compared to rubber and you press the old bushings out or you can burn them but that is a bit of a hassle.

I would do hard rubber any day over poly. After a while, poly deforms and don't return back to it's original position. I'm surprised the front bushings fit the ITR LCA, I keep reading the ITR LCA has a slightly different bushing (slightly larger) so it requires it's own special bushing.

Looks good though.

·
Eat Liberals
16,445 Posts
im willing to bet he used rubber bushings (i would assume new) to make a mold and then used the mold to pour in whatever material he used

i just ordered the energy suspension bushing kit, i really hope i dont regret it, the whole car is handling like ass lately

·
I WILL DESTROY YOU!
2,176 Posts
I've had an energy suspension bushing kit sitting here for two years now, haven't had it installed yet. To get it installed will be 5-6 hours of labor at a decent shop, at least. So unless you really feel like your car feels sloppy and you want to stiffen it up, it isn't worth it.

I'm saving mine until I put more miles on her and feel like she needs it.

·
Honor Super Omnia
1,424 Posts
you said the car feels more firm after you did it. overall compared to stock how much better does the car handle. going into turns and such im debating getting this im noob though so ill prob need help with the install

1 - 20 of 25 Posts