1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
cool good luck with them. at least you get stock upper mounts as part of the deal it looks like

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i wish they were the typ1's cause those came witht he helper springs.any of u guys knw if i bought the helper springs and that aluminum spacer would be ok to add them on or are they totally diff.?

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
do you really think that you need a helper spring? I don't unless you plan on compleatle unloading your suspention all the time while your driving......and if your doing that tell me where you are so I don't ever go there. also coilovers seem nice, spring rates are ok I hope that they work out well for you.

·
GT30R > Traction
3,829 Posts
thanx.i've just heard mixed reviews on the helper spring subject wether they r needed or not:dontknow:
they are a good design for keeping your spring seeded in your suspention but with the right preload you shouldn't have any problem with that anyway....so yes good idea but not a must in my book.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was actually watching that auction lol. I didn't bid on it though but did have the same idea you did about sending it for in for a rebuilt.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
finally got them a few days ago.they werent as bad as i was expecting.i already snaded down most of the big rust spots.i dont thnk they are blown b/c it is a lil gard to push/pull them up and they are not leaking,but rebound kinda slow.im not sure if is supposed to do that.i am planning on painting them mysellf in a couple if days.i am not going for looks,i just want to keep/stop them from rusting anymore.i was taliing to a buddy and he said something about metal etching primer?so thnk i will try that wi about 4-5 coats of that then sand ,then about 4-5 coats of paint then clear.if any of u guys have any first hand experiance with paint ing these or something similar,any tips would be greatly appreciated!thanx

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah but i thnk i am gonna call tanabe today and c how much they charges for rebuilds and might goahead and get them rebuilt now.we will c

1 - 15 of 15 Posts