Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Royale with cheese.
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, i just bough a comptech race header, the header adapter, es MMs, Injen CAI, and nology hotwires. my questions are, with the comptech header are there any exhausts that do not require the adapter? also, i have the powergetter, will i be restricting any power with this exhaust, and should i up for the comptech exhaust because it will give me more power or is it such a neglible amount it isnt even worth it? thanks

·
Royale with cheese.
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also is there any chance i can hit 200whp?

·
for me to poop on!
1,603 Posts
the only exhaust that doesn't require the adapter is the Comptech race exhaust, and no your PG should be just fine.

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
1,091 Posts
good choices enjoy

·
DNA all over bish!
10,639 Posts
I'd say that having a straight through exhaust should be the best set up for an NA application. I believe 2.5in midpiping is the most efficient size for NA as well. Congrats on the parts man!

·
DNA all over bish!
10,639 Posts
...additionally, I don't think it's wise to "splurge" on your parts :laughing: sorry, I just had to add that comment haha. I can't believe nobody poked fun at this yet.

·
Back in Black
10,777 Posts
More and more, it seems to me, that go Comptech or you go the fulll legal route. Both produce power, MMmotornutz produced another 10 lbs of torque and another 10 horses with a cat back, shorty headers, and a high flow cat. Why go with the J RH for just a few more horses?

I don't know... The Comptech is producing unbelievable gains. There's 3 items that produce a shit load of power on this car. CAI+Hondata. Comptech header. Cams. I think that's all you need for low 13s. I can't wait to get my Comptech.

Yeah, you should be somewhere around 200 horses. Add Hondata too!

·
Registered
487 Posts
dont forget if u get a race header, shouldnt u get that caspers 02 simulator so that your cel wont throw, and other shat!

·
Registered
587 Posts
I just gave in and ordered the Icebox, Power Getter, and Motor Mounts the other day. Enjoy, I know I will.

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Be aware that if you run Hondata#4 with your Comptech race header, you will have a pretty good chance of running very and dangerously lean :nervous: . The comptech race header improves flow so much that it leans the car a little bit already, add Hondata's air:fuel leaning after the 5200 rpm to get rid of the stock VTEC dip, and you got one lean running engine that might run out of breath :nervous: . I advice that you get an SAFC or VAFC and get it dyno tuned asap, cause I dont think you dont want your car to go BOOOOOM!!!

edit: Hondata just informed that they dont lean out this area, its all due to the header :eek: . I need to see a Hondata#4 air:fuel reading with an intake only :D .

·
Back in Black
10,777 Posts
MmmotorNutz said:
Be aware that if you run Hondata#4 with your Comptech race header, you will have a pretty good chance of running very and dangerously lean :nervous: . The comptech race header improves flow so much that it leans the car a little bit already, add Hondata's air:fuel leaning after the 5200 rpm to get rid of the stock VTEC dip, and you got one lean running engine that might run out of breath :nervous: . I advice that you get an SAFC or VAFC and get it dyno tuned asap, cause I dont think you dont want your car to go BOOOOOM!!!
Exactly! Also, dynos and power graphs are all over the place with this header, presumably because the Hondata flash doesn't have a 'tune' for it.

Everyone with outstanding gains using this header has the K20 flash and DC5R cams. I don't think anyone really knows this...

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
would that be the same case for a base engine?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts