Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
馃枻 02 type-s 馃枻
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it look weird if I just got the rear bumper lip and not the front and sides? I'm getting a new exhaust and figured I'd add the lip to finish the look off.

Registered
馃枻 02 type-s 馃枻
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on the lip. What rear lip you got?
Still looking for the right one. I'm more on the clean looking style. My cars pretty low n not sure if front lip would be a good idea anyways. I couldn't find any online pix to check out with just rear lip on.

Registered
Still looking for the right one. I'm more on the clean looking style. My cars pretty low n not sure if front lip would be a good idea anyways. I couldn't find any online pix to check out with just rear lip on.
I think something like your typical Type-R or A-spec rear lip would look fine. However, certain lips like the Mugen rear lip hangs pretty low and would look weird without sides or a front lip.

Registered
2006 Vivid Blue Pearl RSX Type-S/1995 Delsol VTEC
Don't worry about what other people think of your car. It's your car, you bought, you make how ever you like.

Now if you've seen a picture of someone else's RSX and you got insperation from it, it's best to try and stick to your end goal and vision.

Reactions: Adrian2781

Registered
馃枻 02 type-s 馃枻
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think something like your typical Type-R or A-spec rear lip would look fine. However, certain lips like the Mugen rear lip hangs pretty low and would look weird without sides or a front lip.
Funny u say that because I was looking at those lips while googling. I was gearing more towards the Type R lips. Mugen and A-spec was clean but more bulky looking than the Type R. You're right with the Mugen, it hangs pretty low. I just put in a camber kit too so something like Type R might be a better choice and I really like the clean look of it. Thanks for the help.

Registered
馃枻 02 type-s 馃枻
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't worry about what other people think of your car. It's your car, you bought, you make how ever you like.

Now if you've seen a picture of someone else's RSX and you got insperation from it, it's best to try and stick to your end goal and vision.
I'd figure I'd get some opinions on here since the guys here seem to have more work done on their cars versus me who really haven't done much exterior work done. Looking at other people's cars were just for me to get an idea of how it would look with just the back done. My end goal and vision was a clean look other than stock. I seen a pix of a car a while back that looked really clean, like a better looking stock and that was my inspiration and thought of that car when thinking of putting the rear lip on. Realizing its the Type R lips on my recent search. I might just go all around Type R now since I really like the look.

Registered
Still looking for the rigm more on the clean looking style. My cars pretty low n not sure if front lip wo
If you know someone that can Photoshop the picture, save it and tell them how you want to see r
I'd figure I'd get some opinions on here since the guys here seem to have more work done on their cars versus me who really haven't done much exterior work done. Looking at other people's cars were just for me to get an idea of how it would look with just the back done. My end goal and vision was a clean look other than stock. I seen a pix of a car a while back that looked really clean, like a better looking stock and that was my inspiration and thought of that car when thinking of putting the rear lip on. Realizing its the Type R lips on my recent search. I might just go all around Type R now since I really like the look.
You can't go wrong with a full Type R exterior. Would you put Type R wheels on also?

Registered
馃枻 02 type-s 馃枻
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can't go wrong with a full Type R exterior. Would you put Type R wheels on also?
Not on wheels yet. I actually like my stocks. But actually if I did do wheels, I think I might powder coat it black. The Type R wheels ain't really my style to be honest. I'm just trying to revive this car back from the dead first. It's slowly making me broke. Invested too much to let it go now. The whole car is rusted pretty bad from Chicago's mother nature and her damn snow. Probably by the time I'm done reviving it, powder coating wheels might be the only thing I can afford. lol.

Registered
I know what you mean with snow and rust, I'm in PA.

I'm in the process of slowly restoring my RSX too. When I bought it it was running and driving but it just had so many little things I saw I wanted to address.

I wrote down everything I wanted to do and it filled up the whole page. Ive got a few minor areas I want to cover with POR15. I don't remember if I mentioned it to you but check it out, you might want to try it. It stands for Paint Over Rust, idk what 15 means, lol.

I got a little kit off Amazon, comes with cleaner/degreaser, surface prep solution, POR15, gloves and stir sticks. I think I'm going to try it this weekend. I'll report back with my thoughts.

WILDCARD!
Just the lip, huh?

Sounds like a game I used to play back in high school and college. That was called, "just the tip."

Registered
馃枻 02 type-s 馃枻
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just the lip, huh?

Sounds like a game I used to play back in high school and college. That was called, "just the tip."
hahaha. When I posted that, I had a feeling someone was going to make a joke out of that. Are u sure you're not playing it still?

Registered
馃枻 02 type-s 馃枻
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know what you mean with snow and rust, I'm in PA.

I'm in the process of slowly restoring my RSX too. When I bought it it was running and driving but it just had so many little things I saw I wanted to address.

I wrote down everything I wanted to do and it filled up the whole page. Ive got a few minor areas I want to cover with POR15. I don't remember if I mentioned it to you but check it out, you might want to try it. It stands for Paint Over Rust, idk what 15 means, lol.

I got a little kit off Amazon, comes with cleaner/degreaser, surface prep solution, POR15, gloves and stir sticks. I think I'm going to try it this weekend. I'll report back with my thoughts.
You're lucky. There's was a member here who's in PA parting out his black rsx. He had front bumper, fenders, and quarter panels I wanted but he said shipping's too much and won't be worth it. Now I'm stuck. I wasn't planning doing all of this at first, it was just getting it up and running again but everyone kept mentioning how my baby looks so pitiful up close. That's why last week, I started making a "small" list but ended up filling the page like u did. It's a forever ending project now.

I just checked out the POR15 u mentioned. I checked out their site and they had alot of stuff I want. Thanks!!! I noticed they had some patch filler and epoxy putty. That's exactly what I need. I have a perfect hammer head sized circle knocked out from my spoiler that some a-hole probably did. Noticed that a month ago. I have quarter panels that are so rusted that it crumbled away, I wonder if I can mold the putty to fill them in. Item must be good because it's sold out.

Here's another thing I added to the list. Smoking out the taillights. Have u heard of Headlight armor and lamin-x brand for the film kit? Kind of pricey at $60 for some films. I'll do more research on them for my final choice. I'm going for the black on black look for my end result. I'm definitely getting the putty when it gets back in stock. Let me know how the POR15 went. Thanks again.

Registered
Well, just look at this way your doing yourself, me and the rest of the RSX community a favor by keeping another one of these special cars on the road for as long as possible.

Luckily for me my car isn't nearly in bad of shape as your car is. My car came from FL and GA, it actually looks almost like a brand new car underneath. There's just a few spots I want to hit with the POR15. Yeah, I also got a tube of the seam sealer. When I took my taillights out to clean them out and replace the seals I noticed a tiny crack in the body above the driverside tail light. I'm going to POR15 and the seam seal over it. Some dummy decided to drive 2 drywall screws through the bumper and into the fender because they lost or broke the plastic mount, going to POR15 over them also.

I never heard of that brand of film before. Ive used 3M PPF to cover the cheap $30 fog light lenses on my Yaris to keep them from shattering like my last cheap pair did. About 6 months after I noticed one of the lenses was shattered but still intact and passed inspection.

My headlights for my RSX is on my To Do list as well. I read through a couple post on here from other members refinishing their headlights. It doesn't seem like any of them did anything to prevent them from turning foggy again in the future.

I have a full set of MicroMesh sanding pads and a can of 2K clear. The can of 2K clear has about a 48hr useful shelf life after the 2 parts mix. So I'm going to refinish the headlights on my RSX, Delsol and Yaris all at the sametime so I can get my $$$ worth out of that can of clear.

Registered
馃枻 02 type-s 馃枻
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, just look at this way your doing yourself, me and the rest of the RSX community a favor by keeping another one of these special cars on the road for as long as possible.

Luckily for me my car isn't nearly in bad of shape as your car is. My car came from FL and GA, it actually looks almost like a brand new car underneath. There's just a few spots I want to hit with the POR15. Yeah, I also got a tube of the seam sealer. When I took my taillights out to clean them out and replace the seals I noticed a tiny crack in the body above the driverside tail light. I'm going to POR15 and the seam seal over it. Some dummy decided to drive 2 drywall screws through the bumper and into the fender because they lost or broke the plastic mount, going to POR15 over them also.

I never heard of that brand of film before. Ive used 3M PPF to cover the cheap $30 fog light lenses on my Yaris to keep them from shattering like my last cheap pair did. About 6 months after I noticed one of the lenses was shattered but still intact and passed inspection.

My headlights for my RSX is on my To Do list as well. I read through a couple post on here from other members refinishing their headlights. It doesn't seem like any of them did anything to prevent them from turning foggy again in the future.

I have a full set of MicroMesh sanding pads and a can of 2K clear. The can of 2K clear has about a 48hr useful shelf life after the 2 parts mix. So I'm going to refinish the headlights on my RSX, Delsol and Yaris all at the sametime so I can get my $$$ worth out of that can of clear.
Lucky you, your car's looking almost brand new and will last a whole lot longer than mines. But after I'm done with all this, I will make sure I baby it. Planning on not letting it touch snow. I have my Tahoe for that. I've heard that with the lenses shattering over time, making me nervous now but I really want that smoked look. More researching for me. I've seen cheap good films on amazon. You have alot of cars. Are they all project cars? I see you have a del sol, my retirement 2 seater car would be a s2k, by the time I'm retired, I can probably afford one. Those cars hold their value really good.

Quick question, would u happen to know how many inches will the type r front lip add? I'm sure the rear lip should be fine but the front I'm worried if I plan on putting one on. My car's low and has scraped a few times.

Registered
Yes. Very likely.

I was waiting for the front of my Mugen air dam to arrive, and ( from a side view )the car looked lowered in the back, and high in the front

Got the whole Mugen kit done.

Registered
I would guess the lip adds somehere around 3 - 4 inches. You will probably rub the bottom a few times until you get used to less ground clearance, just make sure you dont park near curbs or parking lots with those cement logs in each space.

Not driving your car when salt is put down on the road is a good idea. I dont drive my Delsol in the rain or Winter, I took the wipers, motor and washer bottle out along with a bunch of other stuff. The RSX was never supposed to be a project car, but when I get it running again I wont drive it in the rain or Winter. I might drive it in the rain once just so I can test out the speed sensing wipers:p

Is 4 cars alot? I also have 3 scooters but Im selling 2 of them shortly and keeping the Metro, the RSX will get new wheels and R888s. The Crosstrek is my wifes, I dont really drive it unless I need to buy some wood or need to make a big vending machine shopping trip to Sams Club.

The Delsol is just a toy that Ive had for a really long time and has a lot done to it, way to much to list everything here. Ill hit on a few major things though. Its was a factory B16 car it now has a full OEM rebuilt B18C1, FBO, MF 4.9FD, 10LB FW, PIC 12/10s, HP+, R888s. One of my friends has a S2000 and hes been bugging me for years to bring it out to some local race events.

The Yaris is my DD, just a rear sway bar and a full Pioneer/JL Audio system with 2 amps and a 10W7. I used to do a lot of driving for my previous jobs so I wanted a really nice stereo

Registered
馃枻 02 type-s 馃枻
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes. Very likely.

I was waiting for the front of my Mugen air dam to arrive, and ( from a side view )the car looked lowered in the back, and high in the front

Got the whole Mugen kit done.
Damn. I might have to raise the car up a bit. Did you put the kit on from stock height? My car's been in the shop for 2 weeks now, waiting on the hks exhaust which they emailed me 5 days after ordering telling me it's backordered for another 3 more weeks. Now I wait. I also had adjustable coilovers and rear camber kit installed so I'm not sure how low the car is. It's been a second since I've seen or driven the car. It's low and I'm pretty sure it's too low to put on some kit. The plan is to do a whole kit now and not just the rear. Mugen ain't my style, I'm leaning towards the type r style, more cleaner look.

Registered
馃枻 02 type-s 馃枻
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I would guess the lip adds somehere around 3 - 4 inches. You will probably rub the bottom a few times until you get used to less ground clearance, just make sure you dont park near curbs or parking lots with those cement logs in each space.

Not driving your car when salt is put down on the road is a good idea. I dont drive my Delsol in the rain or Winter, I took the wipers, motor and washer bottle out along with a bunch of other stuff. The RSX was never supposed to be a project car, but when I get it running again I wont drive it in the rain or Winter. I might drive it in the rain once just so I can test out the speed sensing wipers:p

Is 4 cars alot? I also have 3 scooters but Im selling 2 of them shortly and keeping the Metro, the RSX will get new wheels and R888s. The Crosstrek is my wifes, I dont really drive it unless I need to buy some wood or need to make a big vending machine shopping trip to Sams Club.

The Delsol is just a toy that Ive had for a really long time and has a lot done to it, way to much to list everything here. Ill hit on a few major things though. Its was a factory B16 car it now has a full OEM rebuilt B18C1, FBO, MF 4.9FD, 10LB FW, PIC 12/10s, HP+, R888s. One of my friends has a S2000 and hes been bugging me for years to bring it out to some local race events.

The Yaris is my DD, just a rear sway bar and a full Pioneer/JL Audio system with 2 amps and a 10W7. I used to do a lot of driving for my previous jobs so I wanted a really nice stereo
3-4 inches? That's a bit. I'm gonna have to go back and look at my options now. My driveway's curb hits about 3-4 inches high already. I'm good with parking like 6-7 inches away from those cement logs so I ain't too worried about those as much.

Seems like the Delsol is your baby. Maybe the RSX will soon be like that too if you're getting R888s. How come you don't wanna take it to the local race events? You put enough in it to check at least 1 event out with your buddy. And yes, 4 cars and 3 scooters is alot. I have an '09 black 250 ninja. Lost interest after I had my daughter, more like got too tired to ride it so it's collecting dust on my stands for some years now. Well, the RSX is my DD so it'll be all show, no go lol. Wasn't planning the type r lips because I didn't wanna get too much attention as I already do with it stock. Now, I really am gonna get attention big time. I will be putting a stereo system in it as well. My shit still has the stock stereo with CDs in it!!! Funny shit is, when I was driving it couple yrs ago, I was still listening to my CDs. Brings back over a decade of memories listening to them. Love it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts